Attaching Inflator Hose Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guppie

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a new set up so I need to attach inflator hose to 1st Stage. The dive shop already attached the reg/octo/spg prior to shipping. The BC shipped seperately.

I looked in in owners manual couldn't find it (Oceanic).

Anything special I need to know or is it just as simple as screwing it on?

is it just as simple as screwing it on?

Pretty much. Just don't lose the o-ring and don't over tighten.

it's that simple...

I have a new set up so I need to attach inflator hose to 1st Stage. The dive shop already attached the reg/octo/spg prior to shipping. The BC shipped seperately.

I looked in in owners manual couldn't find it (Oceanic).

Anything special I need to know or is it just as simple as screwing it on?

Usually the ports are different sizes but just in case make sure you hook the inflator hose to a low pressure port. Usually the ports are marked HP and LP (they are on my Atomic first stage).

Usually the ports are different sizes but just in case make sure you hook the inflator hose to a low pressure port. Usually the ports are marked HP and LP (they are on my Atomic first stage).

Very good point. You definitely wouldn't want to attatch your LPI to the HP port.

At any rate, once you find the correct port, screw in the hose finger tight, then with a small spanner or wrench, just give it a little nudge so it can't be undone by hand anymore.
You might want to spread some grease on the o-ring. Silicone grease is fine for regs not seeing oxygen service, but christolube is recommended for use with higher PPO2 mixes. The rings should just look shiny, and not have gobs of grease on it, as this may attract more dirt in the future.

On oceanic first stages it's pretty easy to not screw it up. The hp and lp ports are different sizes. Also as far as greasing the o-ring goes just dab your finger in the grease work it around between your finger and thumb and lightly roll the oring between em. If you don't have any don't worry. There is usually a very light coating on it anyway from the factory. Just as others have said do not overtighten.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom