Theme 04 - 14 November, 2007: free for all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This theme is for any image that takes your fancy for whatever reason - ideally you should not only pop the image up, but also tell us a little something about why you chose it.

wobab1.jpg

I just like the abstract today :D This image always reminds me that there's no right way to do something and that it's always good to explore new things and ways of seeing. Some might work out, some might not, but I learn from every frame and that brings me joy.

And joy is the whole reason I shoot.

I had never snapped a good, large grouper pic..until this year.
The big one's aren't as abundant on Cozumel's reefs as they used to be, so it was a real treat to have this big fella ,(or gal :d), just waiting in the perfect pose for me...
4ce8ebb9.jpg

I really like this pic, it has become one of my all-time fav's

I love this photo I took of a turtle coming up for air in Jupiter, Fl. It is such a graceful creature and it gives me the feeling of weightlessness and freedom. (I actually had fixed this photo a little bit more after I had uploaded it to my photo album. I cropped it a little so the turtle wasn't in the center and color corrected the turtle. I learn things after I upload images, then I forget to go back and upload the new image. I'm at work now and the corrected image is on my computer at home. Oh well).
Turtleswimming.jpg

DSC_0737_NX_PS_Brac1.jpg

One of my favorites...simply tranquil, particularly now that the weather is getting a bit chilly at home.

We were about to drop on the Avalon wreck off Palos Verdes California. I had my camera set up for macro because of the various nudibranchs on the wreck plus the usual poor vis there. When I got in the water I noticed how clear it was. I could easily see forty feet down the anchor rode. I quickly changed settings just in time to catch my friend Scott Webb making his backroll.
Scottbackroll2.jpg

I will dedicate this post to my dive buddy Lee. I got certified in 1975 and enjoyed the local cattle boat until 1977. In that year I finished a dive moaning to whoever would listen about how the “buddy” who I was assigned to one weekend thought the objective was placing your dive partner into the greatest peril possible. Lee had a similar experience on the first dive that day and we decided to team up on the second dive. This summer we celebrated 30 years.

I know some of you have had the experience of diving with someone who knows you so well that hand signals are simply unnecessary. Mental telepathy underwater has developed to that stage.

I have never kept a dive log, much to my detriment. Lee is religious about it. Every one hundred dives in his book was a “champaign dive.” As the name suggests you bring a cooler on the boat and everyone enjoys bubbly after the last dive of the day marking 100. The custom got lost after 7 champaign dives. That was over 15 years ago.

Lee is a demanding dive buddy. It is best not to step out of line.

11959MakeMyDay.jpg

He also has the most unique weight belt in the history of diving.

11959Lee_sWeightbelt.jpg

Who says you cannot advertise underwater! I have been dumped in favor of a dive buddy that does better at breath holding than I do.

Turtle3.jpg

You have to come up some time.

Lee1.jpg

And wait for the boat.

OnSurface_4735.jpg

Then wait for the next dive.

Lee_1465.jpg

So, that’s the short version of the story.

—Bob

Funny weight belt. There's a perv at the gym where I work out. I should give him a copy of the photo, but that will just encourage him and I think I've already gotten rid of him.

Back
Top Bottom