Scubapro Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure. I use a Gavin 26 amp-hr that I enjoy quite a bit. Gavin Website

My buddies tend towards Silent Submersions. Silent Submersion Website

I was diving in Halifax, NS, earlier this year. One of the divers had an X-scooter, which was very nice and about half the weight of my Gavin. X-Scooter Website

Deciding which one works best for you will depend upon a number of factors, including your intended use, how much burn time you need and your personal preferences with regard to items such as the tow strap positioning and the trigger. With that said, IMHO, you won't go wrong with any of these.

There are many less capable scooters that are intended for recreational use only. I've used the Apollo scooter, and have seen the Sea-Doo. However, the burn time and depth rating limit their utility. Additionally, you need to hold on to these scooters, as opposed to using a tow strap connected to a D-Ring on your waist. This is inconvenient and tiring.

Torpedo, Diver Propulsion Vehicle, Home Page "if" I was going to go with an lower priced scooter I'd probably consider a Torpedo 3500. Of course I much prefer my X Scooter :D especially when it cuts a 30 minute surface swim down to a 6 minute "flight"

Wow. Thanks, Rick.

You haven't seen this scooter before. As I recall, it is being sold in ScubaPro Asia market. Yeah, SP used to Sxxt out a relatively inferior equipment at the high price in non-US market first.

There are two typical equipments SP can't bring to US market.

One: Scooter

Second: Dry suit.

SP knows what they are selling. :rofl3:

Scubapro has sold at least two versions of that scooter in the US over the years. The motor is a modified MinnKota trolling motor, with planetary reduction gears and better seals made especially for SP by Johnson Outdoors sister company MinnKota. I tried to buy a set of replacement seals for one once, just to see what they were using (most trolling motor seals are rated for only 1 atm) but it turned out they don't sell any parts for the motors, just entire motors, for about $500.

Despite their mickey mouse looks, they are rated for 185' or so.

Back
Top Bottom