Photos From My First Dives (PartI)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwest30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am down in the Florida Keys for my first "Real" dives since I was certified in September. I am still down here (actually getting ready for my first dive of the day) and thought I would share a few of the photos that I have taken so far. Hope you enjoy.

609586.jpg

609588.jpg

609585.jpg

More to come!

Wow, that is impressive for a begining.

If I may add, I think that building up a bit of experience (ie. bouyancy) is wise before taking the camera down.

Those are excellent shots for a beginner, I really like that first shot. Did you use a strobe that looks like a lot of color if it was just a camera and housing? I agree with gregorio in that getting buoyancy down before using a camera is probably a good idea. Not only will it help you get better shots but it will also help to protect our reefs. I have seen too many photographers that bump into coral while trying to get a shot. I am not perfect myself and feel really bad when i touch a piece of coral especially while taking a picture because I may have just destroyed years of growth.

Nice photos - especially the last one (my favorite). Good luck with your diving and further photography! I am jealous of your ability to dive in the Keys. My husband and I were down there last week and were stormed out - so it is nice to see some photos of what we missed! :crying2:

Thanks for the great comments and advice. The real reason for me getting into scuba diving was mainly photography. I am a photographer above water and when I was snorkeling/snuba'ing in Maui, HI, I was hooked on getting my scuba cert. and some real underwater photography gear. Prior to and after getting my scuba certification I had been researching tecniques and advice on the do's and don'ts in regards to underwater photography. So prior to this trip, I had done three lake dives with camera gear to get my bouyancy in check. I am actually doing pretting good, however, there is need for more practice. And a lot of what i have learned as been from reading the many forums on this site. I am currently post processing some more photos to share.

Again,

thanks! John

nice pics. What is your camera setup?

Thanks, I'm using a Canon S5 IS with an Ikelite Housing and Ikelite DS125 strobe. I chose this camera because it's only 8 mp, 12x Optical Zoom, has manual setting, and a hot shoe for eTTL.

John

Back
Top Bottom