ATS bc info please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakoop

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a "travel" BC. The ATS looks good. I currently use a Halcyon stainless backplate. A little cumbersome to pack for airline travel. I am very interested in the ATS. Do you have any pricing and sizing info?
Thanks
Jim

Here is a bit of info on the ATS:

•34 lbs (15.4 kg) lift S & M sizes / 44 lbs
(20 kg) lift L & XL sizes
•1000 denier CorduraTM w/ PU laminated outer shell
& 15mm urethane internal bladder
•Contoured, lightweight backpack w/back pad,
lumbar support, and a rolled neoprene comfort neck
•4 shoulder & 6 rear stainless steel D-rings
•10lb (4.5 kg) interchangeable quick release weight
pockets w/stainless steel D-rings
•Knife mounting grommets
•2” webbing waist strap with stainless steel cam
buckle
•2in (5.1cm) crotch strap with vehicle tow ring
(removable)
•System weight: 9.4lbs (4.3kg)

ATS.jpg

This ATS is designed for travel and comfort, for the single tank diver only. If you are looking for something designed for use with both singles and doubles, we are also offering the HTS harness below.

HTS.jpg

Here are some specs on the HTS:
  • Reinforced adjustable contoured shoulders, padded back pack with lumbar support, padded cummerbund and sternum strap ensure comfort and stability
  • Streamlined modular harness system
  • Comfort back pad w/ lumbar support
  • Stainless steel D-rings and cam buckle included
  • Adjustable sternum strap w/ 2 chest mounting positions
  • Adjustable padded shoulder straps w/ quick release buckles
  • Optional 10lb(4.5kg) interchangeable quick release weight pockets w/ stainless steel D-rings
  • Adjustable VelcroR cummerbund (removable) standard
  • 2in (5.1cm) crotch strap –with vehicle tow hook ring (removable) standard
  • No slip cam bands w/ plastic buckles standard
  • System weight (harness only): 8lbs (3.6kg)

Nick

Thanks for the quick reply! I saw that info on the website. I will probably mainly use single tank for my travel destinations. Any pricing info availiable yet?

Jim

Thanks!

Guess I need to wait to find a dealer in my area!! I really want to try the gear on!

Jim

Hi Nick

Nice looking product line! can’t wait to get my hands on some of the stuff down here in Oz. I have a question about the HTS, is it strictly a padded back-pad or is there an option to “stick” a SS or alu back-plate in there?

cheers

Here is a bit of info on the ATS:

Here are some specs on the HTS:
  • Reinforced adjustable contoured shoulders, padded back pack with lumbar support, padded cummerbund and sternum strap ensure comfort and stability
  • Streamlined modular harness system
  • Comfort back pad w/ lumbar support
  • Stainless steel D-rings and cam buckle included
  • Adjustable sternum strap w/ 2 chest mounting positions
  • Adjustable padded shoulder straps w/ quick release buckles
  • Optional 10lb(4.5kg) interchangeable quick release weight pockets w/ stainless steel D-rings
  • Adjustable VelcroR cummerbund (removable) standard
  • 2in (5.1cm) crotch strap –with vehicle tow hook ring (removable) standard
  • No slip cam bands w/ plastic buckles standard
  • System weight (harness only): 8lbs (3.6kg)

Hi Nick

Nice looking product line! can’t wait to get my hands on some of the stuff down here in Oz. I have a question about the HTS, is it strictly a padded back-pad or is there an option to “stick” a SS or alu back-plate in there?

cheers

Hi Linder,

Sorry for the delay. The HTS is a back pack style harness, which has the option of being used with singles or doubles. For singles the included cam bands or STA can be utilized. Or for doubles, an optional SS or AL backplate can be placed behind the harness and is secured between the harness and wing/band assembly. Additionally, the nylon adjustment straps on the shoulders are woven through the top backplate slots for increased stability.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

are there any plans to make anything bigger than XL in harnesses?

are there any plans to make anything bigger than XL in harnesses?

Hi Bob,

The HTS and Elite are the only harnesses which come in sizes, whereas the XL is the largest. The Solo and Switchback come in one size and custom cut to fit just about any diver size.

The XL size in general fits most up to 6'8" and 300 lbs. depending on exposure/thermal suit. Let me know which harness you are interested in and your measurements, and we can determine which works best for you.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom