Question about camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blake

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i am looking at buying an underwater digital camera, and wasn't sure which one to get, i was looking at the Intova IC-600, just getting into underwater photography, this is the info about the camera, if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it

INTOVA IC 600

The new standard in affordable Sports Photography. This full featured 6 MP camera, with a rugged and compact housing, fills all your photographic needs. Use the camera by itself for safe, protected environments or put it in the housing for Wet and Wild photo occasions. The polycarbonite housing has full button feature controls and is waterproof to 180 feet (54 meters). Other features include a 2.4" color LCD display, 12 X zoom (3x optical, 4x digital) and SD card capacity up to 2 gig.

HOUSING

Waterproof to 180 feet, 54 meters.
Double O-Ring design for added leak protection.
Full function button control.
Removable 46mm lens thread adapter.
CAMERA SPECIFICATIONS

Image Sensor CCD
Effective pixels 6.0 Mega pixels
Image size Still image: 2816x 2112, 2304 x 1728, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480
Movie clip: 320 x 240
Image quality Still image: Fine / Normal / Economy
Movie image: QVGA
Recording media Approx. 16MB internal memory
SD memory card (Optional, up to 2 GB)
File format JPEG (Exif 2.2), DCF, Motion JPEG (AVI)
Lens F-no.: Wide: 2.8 / Tele: 4.8
Focal length: 5.5mm~16.5mm (equivalent to 34~102mm)
Focus range Normal :40cm ~ infinity
Macro : Wide: 6cm ~ infinity
Tele: 35cm ~ infinity
Flash effective range
Wide: Approx. 0.5 m - Approx.3.0 m (at the standard output sensitivity of 200)
Tele: Approx. 0.5 m - Approx. 1.8 m (at the standard output sensitivity of 200)
LCD monitor 2.4" color TFT-LCD Approx. 112K pixels display
Self-timer 10 sec self-timer, 2 sec self-timer, 10+2 sec self-timer
Exposure compensation -2.0EV~ +2.0EV (in 1/3 EV increments)
White balance Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent
ISO Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400
Interface PC/AV terminal
Power 2 x AA (alkaline or Ni-MH rechargeable) batteries
Dimension Approx. 90 x 62 x 27 mm
Weight Approx. 130g (without batteries & SD card)

What's the approx. cost??........cuz there are great little Canon A series cameras & housings both for about $400 US(see my sig for some with the A570IS)

I can pick it up for $195.00 u.s. dollars and with our dollar being strong right now it's actuallly cheaper than that with our dollar worth $1.10 right now

I can pick it up for $195.00 u.s. dollars and with our dollar being strong right now it's actuallly cheaper than that with our dollar worth $1.10 right now

Don't know, but remember, sometimes you get what you pay for....have you seen any finished products(UW pictures) from this camera???.....also, does it evaluate white balance(this I have found is extremely important in shooting UW digital).......good luck, if you happen to purchase one, posts some pics so we can see them......

Have you purchased the camera yet? The new Intova 7mp is coming out the end of November. I just ordered it but have no clue as to how good it is. I talked to a friend and he loved the camera. As soon as I get mine I will let everone know what I think about it.

Roy

i haven't bought it yet, kinda hoping santa brings it !!!! please let me know how the camera is

Back
Top Bottom