Gear Addict!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiver_34

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Man its like Christmas in November!

I just bought two brand spanking new LP 108 tanks and cant stop smiling. I dont know what it is but everytime I buy a new piece of gear it feels like I'm on crack or something.

Can anyone else relate or is it just me :D

I just bought two brand spanking new LP 108 tanks and cant stop smiling. I dont know what it is but everytime I buy a new piece of gear it feels like I'm on crack or something.

I've seen it refered to on this board as GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome! Unfortunately there is no cure. This GAS won't pass!!:D

My name is Ber Rabbit and I'm a lead junkie...show me hard weights at $1.50 a pound or less and I start shaking and nervously fingering my credit card. Admitting the problem is the first step :D
Ber :lilbunny:

My name is Ber Rabbit and I'm a lead junkie...show me hard weights at $1.50 a pound or less and I start shaking and nervously fingering my credit card. Admitting the problem is the first step :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I ain't got no stinking problem (cept not enough$).
However I am (impatiently) awaiting the ups truck with my package from Dive Rite:D

My addiction is old Dacor regulators. Especially the Pacer secondaries and the 950 first stages. I keep buying them for almost nothing on Ebay and constantly looking for the rebuild kits and/or other parts. I now have nine of the second and first stages (two of which are brand new, never used) and the others which I have completely rebuilt. It seems to be the brass and chrome that gets me. I know that I need help but let me enjoy it for a while. I had the same problem one time with the old Sunbeam MixMasters. I got the idea of using the variable speed motors to move the table on my vertcal mill. I bought a couple of them on Ebay for this purpose. When they arrived they were in such good condition, even though they were made in the 50's, that I just couldn't destroy them. Instead I cleaned them up and gave them away as presents. I kept this up for some time and still to this day I have about a half dozen of them in my workshop. Never did do the mill thing.

Ah yes, nothing quite like a bright, shiny, new Faber. And you can't beat the bouyancy characteristcs of that tank. I put a set together a couple of months ago and I carted them around like they were made of gold... putting down mats in the truck to keep them from getting scratched, making sure nothing was rubbing against them on the boat, the whole nine yards. Now two months later it looks like someone dropped them out of the truck while speeding down the highway. They sure don't stay new for long. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

battles2a5: Yeah. Sorta like when I get a new pickup. No gravel roads, have it washed when it gets dusty, no rough treatment or tar and gravel roads, take up four parking spaces at the Mall, etc. For about a couple of months that is. After this it's 'Bar the door Katie' and go anywhere, do anything.

Dude, you're in good company. I call myself a hopeless gearaholic and I love it:D

BTW, congrats on your steel tanks... I'm glad the shop still had them on sale. My 108 just arrived couple of days ago and I felt like a kid being let loose in a candy store..

Ah yes, nothing quite like a bright, shiny, new Faber. And you can't beat the bouyancy characteristcs of that tank. I put a set together a couple of months ago and I carted them around like they were made of gold... putting down mats in the truck to keep them from getting scratched, making sure nothing was rubbing against them on the boat, the whole nine yards. Now two months later it looks like someone dropped them out of the truck while speeding down the highway. They sure don't stay new for long. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

:rofl3::rofl3:

I just kissed my tank after taking it out the box:)

My friends tell me I'm a gear addict ...

... I don't know what they're talking about ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom