Mississippi & Lousiana dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been surfing the board and it appears that the Deep South Dixie Divers dive site listing has been erradicated by the latest SB overhaul. Can anyone provide some info on dive sites in Mississippi (out of Biloxi via boat? or shore) and for Louisiana (out of New Orleans). I'll be in both places in a few weeks.

Yeah... that thread got lost when the the board died and they lost a few months of posts....

while you'll get the most up to date info here, there was a book that covered the dive sites of the Mississippi and Louisiana area called "Reefs, Wrecks and Rigs". it was printed in 1993 (or about then) and is out of print now, but if you can find a used copy on one of these used book websites, it's worth buying if you can get it under $10 bucks.

We have lots of dive sites, most all are called rigs. And the ones called reefs were made with rigs.

I've been surfing the board and it appears that the Deep South Dixie Divers dive site listing has been erradicated by the latest SB overhaul. Can anyone provide some info on dive sites in Mississippi (out of Biloxi via boat? or shore) and for Louisiana (out of New Orleans). I'll be in both places in a few weeks.

Most of the lakes in Louisiana have low vis due to the organic matter, silt, creek, bayou runoff. On a good day most of the lakes in north Louisiana will have two to three foot visibility. Lots of great places to fish just not that good for folks that want to see a long way. Plus during the warm weather months you have to share the best spots with alligators.

Like the Captain said offshore there is some great diving. Lots of spearfishing and photo oppportunities.

Email Sea Urchins in Hattiesburg, Ms and see if he is still taking his boat out on saturdays. If not, there are a couple of dive shops in the Long beach area that may can help you. Look in the yellow pages for the phone numbers. Good luck! Bob

There are very few dive if any charters availabile in Louisiana especially after hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Most diving is done from private boats.

Back
Top Bottom