Nov. 8 non-Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Yesterday's dive was at a site called Doljo. It is a 20 to 30 minute boat ride from Alona Beach, about the same distance as to Balicasag Island.
I personally consider Doljo to be a target rich site, even better than Balicasag.
Rena, the Japanese dive guide from Philippine Islands Divers is most impressive with her ability to find the smallest marine life.

butterflys.jpg

First time I have seen a Filefish of this color.
filefish.jpg

This Nudibranch is laying a strip of eggs
nudi_eggs.jpg

This Nudibranch is a first for me as well as Rena who has been here for ten years.
nudi1.jpg

This Nudibranch is a first for me.
nudi2.jpg

nudi3.jpg

popcorn.jpg

scorpion.jpg

Very cool stuff, Jim.

Now those were amazing finds. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Yesterday's dive was at a site called Doljo. It is a 20 to 30 minute boat ride from Alona Beach, about the same distance as to Balicasag Island.
I personally consider Doljo to be a target rich site, even better than Balicasag.
Rena, the Japanese dive guide from Philippine Islands Divers is most impressive with her ability to find the smallest marine life.

I agree Doljo Point is a great site located on the southwestern tip of Panglao as if part of Balicasag Island at one time. Doljo beach has a long shallow shelf that goes on for hundreds of meters before the dropoff. Doljo is known for its huge elephant ear corals hang off a very impressive wall, I would not say its better than Balicasag since they are both so close, and I always find something new at Balicasag. I am not sure if the same school of horse eye jacks hanging around Balicasag are the same ones I have seen at Doljo.

You many also want to check out a small reef located between Balicasag and Doljo, which the locals call Puntud (spelling) I had two dives there also impressive marine life but kind of rough currents. And my all time favorite Cervera Shoals (underwarter seamount) between Alona Beach and Pamilacan Island, its a sea snake mating area.

Great stuff! Thanks for posting those :)

Back
Top Bottom