Hey lets get this section going!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a sticky thread called "post your boast" with some pics. I agree - I'd love to see more too.

Underwater hunting huh? I wander if it is legal to hunt deer from the water. Like Navy SEAL style. :) I wander if we would have to wear blaze orange BC's to do that. An MP-5 wouldn't cut it, you would have to have something a little bigger like an AR-10.

Would that even be sporting? Us sit 50 yards offshore and wait till the deer come down to drink...lol

Or sticking with traditions of SCUBA, would we have to use a spreargun and dive knife?

I just got my first small taste last month .. may need to buy more (!??!!) equipment now :11:

Heh .. Knife 'em or Stick 'em ... :wink:

Hunter.jpg

I just got my first small taste last month .. may need to buy more (!??!!) equipment now :11:

Heh .. Knife 'em or Stick 'em ... :wink:

Hunter.jpg

Is that one or two PADI specialty courses?

Not much of a boast but I did get 1 Stary Flounder. Never shot a flounder with my new gun missed the first but got the second. For a JBL Explorer 22 shoots pretty good. Been shooting Greenlings and perch up north.

Just got a flounder today. There was a bunch on the bridge span were I went to, but I only wanted to clean one.
Too bad this didn't happened last weekend, here in Panama City Beach it was the Flounder tournament, and I get the feeling this one could've made it on the top 3.

Attachments

• NovFlounder.jpg
    NovFlounder.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 41
Nice flounder mine was only about 12 inches. How deep do you normally find them? Here in the Puget Sound anywhere from 5 feet to however deep you want to dive.

Nice flounder mine was only about 12 inches. How deep do you normally find them? Here in the Puget Sound anywhere from 5 feet to however deep you want to dive.

About the same I think. I haven't done any shore dives here in Panama City so I don't know exactly how shallow can you find them, but farther south in SE Florida I've seen them around bridge piles in very shallow water.
Florida regulations don't allow to get them less than 12", but it isn't dificult to find legal ones. This guy I got yesterday was in 100 feet of water and there must've been maybe 50 or 60 more around the site, smaller but most of them very good sizes, I'm just lazy to clean too many at a time so only get what I'm going to eat within a few days. I didn't measured but did weight him at a bit over 5 pounds.

I only freedive, but I've heard scuba divers see them all the time down much deeper. Last summer we where getting flounder in the 2 to 5 lb range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom