need 2nd opinion - vyper issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanun

Contributor
Reaction score
i can no longer switch from Imperial to Metric.

when i do Mode-Set-Set Pref the only option that came up were Light and Model.

according to the LDS i sent it to, they'd have to get the 'card' (i assume this means the IC and PCB) changed, which would cost me pretty close to what i could get a D3 for.

my Vyper is > 2 yrs old, and the warranty card is nowhere to be seen.

so, in your experience, is PCB replacement about the only thing that can be done ? i tried to see if the Units switch can be done using SDM but couldn't find the option to do so.

thanks for the help.

p/s i like using metric - simpler calc for figuring out air consumption pressure, etc, though i do think imperial for rec limits.

Take out the battery or replace it. Might reset the internals

After 2 years its probably due for a change anyway

There's been a number of instances reported where Vypers have started acting strangly even though the battery check has indicated it's OK. Replacing the battery has fixed the errors.

Marc :jester:

thanks. will do the battery change after i email suunto (who i suspect will suggest that as well).

funny thing, though, was that the LDS said the unit went to Finland. go figure. and they're 240 miles away (the LDS i mean).

so finally got the battery removal done. unfortunately, that didn't clear the problem (the 'units' option did not come up so i can't change fr imperial to metric and vice versa).

suunto suspects ic/pcb and recommends changing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom