Oriskany Trip Report 11/10/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Everybody keeps asking what the Mighty O is like this time of year. Well from someone who spends a great deal of time out there in the summer time, this time of year is even better! Yesterday was a beautiful day on the Mighty O with a warm and sunny 80 degrees (I was working on my tan for xmas). The water temp was 74 on the deck of the Oriskany. Starting out the day there was a mild surface current but after the first dive even that was gone.

The vis was 80 to 90 feet with no current on the deck. The H2O Below had a great group of folks on board from Mississippi, Georgia, north Alabama and Louisiana. It was great to meet fellow Scubaboard TStone in person. What a fun dude! We had two rebreathers on board (Greg a commerical diver) who were extremely interesting. They are also cave divers - crazy guys for sure.

It was a great day and we got to see the Blue Angels Air Show when we got back in the pass. Watching the Air Show on the back of a Newton 36 is a blast! It was like they were performing just for us! Flying so close over our heads that you had to cover your ears!

Thanks for another wonderful day on the H2OBelow. Nothing like sitting atop an aircraft carrier on Veterans Day weekend.

Sounds like an awesome dive I need to get back down there.

What an awesome day.

Sounds really nice. I have booking for the 17th, so I am hoping for calm seas.

I'm waiting for the water temps to cool off a bit, but then I believe I'm going to head out for another trip to the O. How do I book a trip on the boat you work?

I was watching a show on tv about a dive team documenting the Oriskany and had to turn it off...I got a serious case of "I wanna" jitters...=)

Thanks for the report, looks like I'll be on the O in early Dec :D Looking forward to getting on her again.

I'm waiting for the water temps to cool off a bit, but then I believe I'm going to head out for another trip to the O. How do I book a trip on the boat you work?

You can get booked on the H20Below through MBT Divers.

Nice report. Yay bugman! Didn't know you decided to do both the O and the Tenders. Good deal. See you soon! :) Kristal

I keep telling you to come back and dive with us. The water is great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom