Florida Keys- Another Round

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwest30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
More pictures from my trip to the Florida Keys.
612250.jpg

612251.jpg

612252.jpg

612253.jpg

612254.jpg

612255.jpg

612256.jpg

612257.jpg

Amazing pictures, the Christ statue has some amazing growth!!

Wow, awesome photo's!!! What camera setup do you have?

One sad note, I was born and raised in Fl and remember diving Pennecamp in the 70's. My, how it has changed!! I remember miles of beautiful stag and elkhorn corals. All gone now......Not the same place at all. I doubt I could ever go back. Hopefully, the engineered staghorn that is being grown will be disease resistant enough to allow for an eventual comeback.

Nice photos of what's left!

One sad note, I was born and raised in Fl and remember diving Pennecamp in the 70's. My, how it has changed!! I remember miles of beautiful stag and elkhorn corals. All gone now......Not the same place at all. I doubt I could ever go back. Hopefully, the engineered staghorn that is being grown will be disease resistant enough to allow for an eventual comeback.

This was my first time diving there, not sure what it used to be like, so I have nothing really to reference to. However, if there used to be lots of elkhorn there, that truly is not the case anymore. I think I only saw..mmmmm. maybe 4 decent elkhorn heads (or sprouts, whatever they're called) during the 18 dives I did.

Thanks for the comments.

Shame you cant enjoy it because we have been diving these reefs for the last 15 years and the fish life has probably tripled since then.

Back
Top Bottom