Checking out my summer dive sites....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well folks I just came in from a couple hrs sledding. I went around the lake where we do alot of diving. I mentally marked where most of the ice huts are situated. Think I will go out again with one of my maps and mark on it all the ice hut villages. Might be some good finds in the spring/summer.....Might be a good idea for others to do during the winter......

What do you others do to plan your summer diving ?...Go be the seat of your pants, plan a bunch of dives/dive sites, work with local dive club to set them up ?....

Lets share some ideas.

I expect to complete my DM training this year so that will take up some of my dive schedule..... :wink:

Butch - I'm in for a pretty exciting year of wreck diving.......

www.abyssdivecharters.com

My buddy are purchasing the rec. pass and very much looking forward to getting to a bunch of wrecks I probably would never get to.......I too will be completing DM......

SS

Butch103 once bubbled...
Well folks I just came in from a couple hrs sledding. I went around the lake where we do alot of diving. I mentally marked where most of the ice huts are situated. Think I will go out again with one of my maps and mark on it all the ice hut villages. Might be some good finds in the spring/summer.....Might be a good idea for others to do during the winter......

What do you others do to plan your summer diving ?...Go be the seat of your pants, plan a bunch of dives/dive sites, work with local dive club to set them up ?....

Lets share some ideas.

I expect to complete my DM training this year so that will take up some of my dive schedule..... :wink:

We put deposits down on charters like: Kingston, Brockville, Tobermory etc. All the local stuff from Ohio to lower Lake Huron and Lake Erie we just go by the seat of our pants because it is just right here or real close:)

I hope you plan on marking all the spots Steve puts his hut so you can find all of your missing stuff next summer. Let me know when you go so I can find the things my David hauls out there also.

:bonk: What a pair!

Dave

bottom_sucker once bubbled...
I hope you plan on marking all the spots Steve puts his hut so you can find all of your missing stuff next summer. Let me know when you go so I can find the things my David hauls out there also.

:bonk: What a pair!

Dave

What to do with 16 year olds......????????

Butch, both you and the Bottom Sucker will remember that I was the only one to find a vase last summer.

Anchors just tie me down. I'm still trying to figure out what a vase was doing where we found it.

As for getting wet more often this year, that is my plan. I've changed jobs and should have a lot more free time in the upcoming season.

I'm still looking at the Black Donald site. I'll be calling you in he near future or maybe we can meet at the store when you're in town and make some plans.

..that you mention that...I know that a walkman was dropped down one hole just a week ago. It's the hut along the sand bar Butch...make sure you mark that one for sure!!!
Randy...

Back
Top Bottom