tommydsports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usnbm3eod

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys, forgive me if there is already a thread on this, I'm new to the boards.

I'm looking to buy a new BCD and I was just randomly searching online and I came across a company called TommyDsports that sells scuba equipment for what seems like insanely cheap prices, anybody know anything about them?

thanks

I've bought 3 wetsuits from them and only had issues with the zipper on once of suit so far.
Don't know about the other equipment listed.

He did go out of his way to rush deliever a 7mm last spring so I'm a happy customer.

In general, companies that you come across while randomly searching on-line are always considered to be the very best places to buy gear, especially when they have insanely cheap prices!

Of this, there is very little debate.

:eyebrow:

I have two wetsuits from TommyDSports, I dive them all the time and like them fine.

I have two wetsuits from TommyDSports, I dive them all the time and like them fine.

Thanks for the posting. In Florida, people always want to come visit. A lot of the guys from up North don't have the 3mm wetsuit that we use here. That means going to the dive shop to rent one... but wait, the dive shop is closed. It then means trying to rent one at the dive site, without a hole in it. At best, we drive around to rent one for $12 a day.

Enter the Tommy D suit! :D If it lasts four days, you could toss it and come out equal. For three or four days diving, it certainly makes sense to buy it, use it, and maybe bring it back next year.

I believe that plan could work.

Thanks again / Stu

In general, companies that you come across while randomly searching on-line are always considered to be the very best places to buy gear, especially when they have insanely cheap prices!

Of this, there is very little debate.

:eyebrow:

You really answered the OP's question perfectly & precisely......:D:D

I used my 5mm full TommyDSports wetsuit on 14 dives over 8 weeks of time searching for my camera housing in Lake Lanier. Other than holes caused by the bolts on my doubles bands being cut too long, it worked just fine.

Mike

Always on a budget I have 5 Tommy D wetsuits that have gone on hundreds of dives and still look new. They are well made hold up well. We have three tommy d bcd's in our rental collection and 3 regulators from TommyD's I have a few masks, gloves and fins. The fins, are the only product I would not praise.. great for a beginner but they actually seem to have a left and right foot, wrong fin on wrong foot=cramps like crazy. mark em if you get them. We use them in rental gear too and they have held up really well. I think they make them very good. He orders from China and gets volume pricing and sells on ebay and online with low overhead he can cut the margin and offer good pricing. No secret.. just wish he would do safety sausages and dive reels now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom