Places to camp in Gulf Shores area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noladiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have called the state park but they claim to only have RV spots available. The question is does anyone know any primitive tent camping locations especially given the nice weather. I suppose I could camp there admits the generators but that defeats the whole purpose. Trying to come dive after thanksgiving

I have called the state park but they claim to only have RV spots available. The question is does anyone know any primitive tent camping locations especially given the nice weather. I suppose I could camp there admits the generators but that defeats the whole purpose. Trying to come dive after thanksgiving

Although gulf state park does list primitive camping available, I've found

Southport Campground
Located in Gulf Shores, features include RV and tent camping, hookups, primitive sites, sewer, and showers.
(251) 968-6220

and

Gulf Islands National Seashore - About 13 miles west of Pensacola, this portion of the national park includes the eastern part of the key and Johnson Beach. Picnic, day-use and primitive camping available. Open 8 a.m. to sunset daily, off S. R. 292, 850-934-2600.

Yeah, Johnson Beach(Perdido Key) has primitive camping and even allows camp fires(within a certain distance of high water line) on the beach. Cheap too, only the cost of admittance!

Heyy thanks guys for the info i've never herd of any of those places but it looks like we got the condo for the weekend so looks like we will be doing some diving. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom