Dive Rite Kids TransPac Program...$100 BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Rite

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Dive Rite has just announced a new program for KIDS, just in time for the holidays. The TransPac Kids Program is designed to help Junior divers enjoy diving with gear that is designed to fit them; their very own TransPac harness. And once they outgrow their kids-sized harness, Dive Rite will upgrade them to a BRAND-NEW harness for only $100!

As you may know, the Dive Rite TransPac is a customizable harness that is not only comfortable, but extremely versatile. We use it for single tank diving all the way through rebreather diving. Our XS and S sizes feature a shorter backplate, shorter & narrower shoulder straps, smaller, adjustable waist strap and cummerbund. Weight pockets are available in 5 lb (non quick release) or 16 lb (quick release) and the Travel Wing is the perfect inflation to take kids into adulthood. Adjustable crotch strap keeps the BCD in place and prevents the tank riding up over the head.

TranspacJrDiver.jpg

Here are the details:
For every Junior Open Water Diver who purchases a TransPac harness between the ages of 10-15, Dive Rite will upgrade the harness to a brand-new, larger-sized harness for $100 within five years of purchase. Parents must send the old harness to Dive Rite along with the original purchase receipt and proof of junior certification. This is a one-time offer per child. The TransPac Kids Program includes the TransPac harness alone and does not include wing, crotch strap, weight pockets or other accessories. Those items will continue to fit your child straight into adulthood.

We have received tremendous interest in this program and it is a great way to keep kids interested in diving by getting them gear that is designed to fit their small frame!

Happy Holidays,
Kathleen & the entire Dive Rite team

SCUBA Diving Equipment and gear for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - TransPac® Harness

PS: Your local LDS should know about this program…we pre-launched it in September and again at DEMA. However, if your LDS is not familiar, please give us a call. Also, please note that we have just modified the XS and S TransPac to have narrower shoulder pads that will better fit onto the small width of a child’s shoulders. If your LDS does not have this new style of XS or S TransPac, we will send them the proper shoulders for your child.

How much is the kids BCD?

the subject kinda implies it's $100 bucks (thread subject Dive Rite Kids TransPac Program...$100 BCD, but I think you meant that as the trade in cost.

How much is the kids BCD?

the subject kinda implies it's $100 bucks (thread subject Dive Rite Kids TransPac Program...$100 BCD, but I think you meant that as the trade in cost.

Hi Mike,

The MSRP (non-discounted) is $716, which includes the TransPac harness, wing, choice of 16 or 32 lb weight pockets and crotch strap. Our dealers often run specials and I expect with this program and the upcoming holidays, many of them will.

The $100 is the trade-in cost, meaning a parent will not have to re-invest in a brand-new harness ($365) once the child outgrows the first one.

Thanks for clarifying,
Kathleen

First and formost I want to thank you for a incredible offer for kids! I think alot of times adults forget what it was like to be a kid. We need to foster the new generation of divers and would expect nothing less from Dive Rite! Your products are awesome! I personaly own two BCD's; a Transpac and a stainless back plate standard harness combo both are and have performed perfectly! It only stands to reason, when my 10 year old starts diving what does she want? You got it, a Dive Rite! So soon anouther trip to the dive shop will be for anouther Dive Rite BCD! I hope the kids program will continue into 2008..? Also what size information could you give me for a starting point! My daughter is 80 lbs, 58-60 inches tall. Thanks for your time and consideration! CamG Keep diving, keep training, keep learning!

I bought a special junior size jacket BC made by US divers for around $140 total at the LDS.
My son was too small to fit into an XS adult BC. The junior size fit very well and seemed to be of excellent quality. I can't imagine paying 4-5 times that for a kids BC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom