Sherwood vs. Genesis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Duddridge

Contributor
Reaction score
I am fairly new to diving with only my Open Water Certification (PADI) plus three dives in Cuba. I am, however, planning on getting more involved in diving by starting to dive locally. All of our diving here in Manitoba is cold water diving. I've been looking at two manufacturer's... Sherwood and Genesis.

I know everybody hates subjective questions like this... but, in general, which is a higher end manufacturer... Sherwood or Genesis?

The Sherwood package I've been looking at is as follows:

Avid BCD
Blizzard Reg
Dual Octo
Wisdom II computer

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Last I heard they were basically two divisions of the same company.

That is correct, Genesis and Sherwood are the same. I'm certified to service both Genesis and Sherwood regulators, and I dive Sherwood. Solid and dependable regs. Very easy to service. Our team dives with Bruts and I have a Magnum for my personal reg.

So here's another questions:
What is Sherwood, Genesis, and CDI's relation? Is CDI just the enclosing company?

Why do Sherwood and Genesis valves use different size burst disks?

Did the name Genesis come from the HP tanks name? Was that the Genesis of the name Genesis? Did CDI make the USD tanks that were also HP tanks?

So here's another questions:

1) What is Sherwood, Genesis, and CDI's relation? Is CDI just the enclosing company?
CDI is one of three owners of the Sherwood Scuba and Genesis Scuba product lines. And the sell these products to the retail stores.

2) Why do Sherwood and Genesis valves use different size burst disks? The designs are complete different. The two valves use different technologies and are made in different factories.

3) Did the name Genesis come from the HP tanks name? No Genesis is a diving brand that has been around for close to 15 years now.

4) Was that the Genesis of the name Genesis? No, Genesis when introduced in the market it was with regulators, bcs, tanks, valves, etc.

5) Did CDI make the USD tanks that were also HP tanks? No, CDI does not make tanks. I believe USD sold tanks from Catalina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom