deep diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a question about the Blizzard regs and how well they breath at depths over the 130fsw range....

I like my oaisis regulator but am looking for a cold water regulator for deeper than recreational limits...

do you have information or specs on this

I own three Sherwood Magnum Blizzard regulators. They are excellent recreational regulators, work horses, easy to maintain, nearly bullet-proof. I've never had one fail on me.

Unfortunately, however, they are not the easiest breathing regulators at depths below 130'-150'.

If you intend to dive to deeper depths, I encourage you to experiment with other regulators. The differences in Work Of Breathing (WOB) (inhalation resistance, etc.) between my Magnum Blizzards and, say, my SP Mk25s, are substantial (when compared one against the other at 180').

I suspect you may also find that the differences you experience - when you compare one reg against another at depth - may be equally significant. I don't recommend any specific brand, but I strongly encourage you to try before you buy.

Best,

Doc

That is what I was looking for...thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom