Hollis Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewy

New
Reaction score
Has anyone dived the Hollis fin - how does it compare to Turtle/Power fin or other similar styled 'Jet' fins ??

Is the foot pocket styled similar to Oceanic's V12/16 split fins (i.e. generous)?

And only available in one size?

Will try to wait patiently for the range to be launched in Aust :popcorn:

I have not dove them but i have seeen them and they are bad ***!!!
I can tell you right now they have sizes Med.-XXL.

they look pretty hawt

Has anyone dived the Hollis fin - how does it compare to Turtle/Power fin or other similar styled 'Jet' fins ??

Is the foot pocket styled similar to Oceanic's V12/16 split fins (i.e. generous)?

And only available in one size?

Will try to wait patiently for the range to be launched in Aust :popcorn:

Hi Chewy,

The new Hollis fin is constructed of a high grade, heavy duty rubber. The strap mounts are angled for comfort and a better transition of power, and the heel strap comes standard with a removable easy-grip heel tab.

Standard sizes are MD/LG/XL/XXL. In addition, there are multiple strap mounting positions and a generous foot pocket to accomodate to a wide variety of boot styles and sizes.

For more information on availability in your area, please contact Russell Kitt at Hollis Australia. His email is rjk@oceanicaus.com.au.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Got to see the fin today. Nick, can you comment on buoyancy characteristics, especially in comparison with the SP JetFin?

Weight? I'm looking for a lighterweight alternative to the Jet fin for travel.

Specifically, I'm looking for one that comes in a size M (for a woman's size 8 foot) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Specifically, I'm looking for one that comes in a size M (for a woman's size 8 foot) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, this thing was easily as heavy as the Jetfins I own. In contrast, the Dive Rite paddle fins are remarkably light (but are positively buoyant).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

OMS SlipStream is light...size..hmmmmm they are working on releasing the smaller sizes soon I understand.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

XS "Power Fins" are lighter than Jets but not positively bouyant. I'm looking for an alternative to wrong-sized-foot-pocket Jets to use with a drysuit.

There's the Scubapro (Japanese market) Jet Fins Revo. The foot pockets are "regular" compared to the "classic" Jets...

SCUBAPRO UWATEC JAPAN 2007

There are only Revo two sizes, "grande" (27-29) and "regular" (25-27). The grande is roughly the same size as the "L" Jet Fins but the foot pocket is much bigger, slightly bigger than the foot pocket of a regualr "XL" Jet. Blade stiffness of the Revo is comparable to Jet Fins (just slightly softer).

There are two metal pins set in the middle of the Revo's blade - no idea what they are for... The footpockets have drain holes/slots at the front. Revos are available in black (one fin weights 1.21 kg) or limited edition "Beluga White" (one fin weights 1.36 kg). They are slightly lighter than the "classic" Jet Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom