freshly serviced regs just sitting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whathedeuce

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got my regs serviced recently but chances are i won't dive any more until next spring. Will i need to get them serviced again in the spring before i use them again or should they be fine? I'm just kind of confused on how that works.

They will be fine. Just keep them away from extreme cold or damp places. Ensure you have them stored in such a way that stress is not put on the hose connections...preferably in a regulator bag. Make sure they are breathing properly before you use them again...

Also run a hose through the second stages prior to use. Clean out the creepy crawlies. Had a black widow in one that shot out when I purged it.

Yes you will be fine to store them for the winter, just keep them in a cool dry place and not the garage or attick, Placing them into a regulator bag or box is a very good idea, if your using a dry box, throw in a small bag oc dessicant or a moisture grabbing thing inside with them, this will keep any humidity from forming inside.

Make sure you clean them with water or blow them out and test before using them. if they don't act right take em down to be checked in plenty of time before your dive so you won't be without them prior to your next event...

My only concern would be that the LP seats might have taken a bit of a set over time and may need a little tweeking. Test the 2nds for leaks before you get to the dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom