Catalina Cool-up dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading to Catalina tomorrow for a few cool-up dives (can't be "warm-up dives" in 60 degree water) before heading to Kona/Maui for 10 days starting on Thanksgiving. No real reason for this post other than a week from tonight I'll be on a manta dive then 2 or 3 days diving on Maui, and had to tell someone! :dork2:

Mike, you are gonig to love Kona. The manta dive is world class. We used Big Island Divers. Great Op. To bad I was just diving Catalina last weekend, no time for two weeks in a row!
Are you going on the SD or a diffrent one?

Mike, you are gonig to love Kona. The manta dive is world class. We used Big Island Divers. Great Op. To bad I was just diving Catalina last weekend, no time for two weeks in a row!
Are you going on the SD or a diffrent one?

I didn't see you in any of the group pix from last weekend. Where you shunned :mooner: for being a Dork Diver :confused:

SD again. I need to get out with you on another boat. Maybe we can set something up after the holidays.

I was not shunned but I did have to leave early. I had to drive up to Sacramento to visit family.
I was also wearing the flip fins and maybe they warded of some of the hardcore divers.. Hmmm.

I met Ann Marie, Ted S, Christian, Ken and Claudette and really enjoyed a visit with Ber Rabbit and her hubby (he's a car guy too!)

Ya, lets do plan a dive after the first of the year, maybe on the Great Escape.

I am jealous! Have a totally awesome time! Say Hi to Betsy, my schedule has kept me from class, but I will be dropping in soon. And I am up for a dive with you after the holidays, too.
Aloha!
Marian

Well Mike, how was the dive?

Here's a few pix from Sunday. I also have a video of a bat ray eating, but I am video-posting challenged! Water was glass smooth, and the tide change was less than a foot from low to high and back. Viz wasn't bad but would have been great if the sun had stayed out. Water temp was 62 at the surface, and also at 75 ft! In fact, the temp only varied 1.5 degrees from top to bottom between all 3 dive sites. Must admit the 80 degree Hawaiian water will feel pretty good.

Battling the raging pacific:
Catalina11-17-07014.jpg

Things got worse on the way back.....
Catalina11-17-07035.jpg

Monster fish-
Catalina11-17-07028.jpg

I heard the theme from Jaw's, I swear.....
Catalina11-17-07009.jpg

Nice shots Mike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom