The best hunting tip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KimoK

New
Reaction score
Shoot only what you are going to eat that day only... That way you will get to dive more, eat fresher fish, and help save the planet... It's not about the ego...

Shoot only what you are going to eat that day only... That way you will get to dive more, eat fresher fish, and help save the planet... It's not about the ego...

Welcome Kim and I think it's great you support spearfishing!

Shoot only what you are going to eat that day only... ...

What brah.... You no get one freezah? :D I don't get out every day....or sometimes more than a couple times a month so if I get into some fish, I'll shoot more than I can eat that day for sure. But I won't waste anything.

Lets see, in some areas of the world we only can shoot 1 fish per day of a certain kind of fish. hmhm Sounds like the home boys would have the advantage over the outsiders. Now if the limit is 4 fish per day and I stay for 2 days the outsiders have the advantage. But in 8 days it would equal out most of the time. My rule has always been, no matter what the limit is if very few fish are in the area I am spearing in or they are rather small. Pack up and move to another area. Tell every one you you know of the problem and stay away from the area for awhile. Don't forget to tell the charter people as well.

for some cultural exchange, fyi here in sydney it is illegal to spear or take on scuba

and for me, i think 2 posters here hit it right

"Shoot only what you are going to eat that day only" &/or "if I get into some fish, I'll shoot more than I can eat that day for sure. But I won't waste anything"

many thanks

Mod Edit - Removed Quote

I went to the beach yesterday, jumped off the dock and within half hour shot two snappers that weighed about 3 lbs each. I would have spent 5 times the fuel going to town here....and I might not have been able to find fish anyway at the market.
Sometimes I get lucky and shoot a 10-12 lb fish. Too much for my family for one day but I'll take the fish and eat it over a week or whatever.
I enjoy the swimming (free dive spearing only here in Belize) for exercise and the hunting and patience part of spearing. It is a thrill to shoot a bigger fish. I don't know why and I don't really give it much thought. Should I still see a doctor?

So I guess spearfishing for profit is a sin?

For a tip: Don't hit the bottom immediately. Stay above 10' or 20' until you have surveyed the area and have selected your dinner.

******************* MODERATOR MESSAGE *******************
I have deleted several off topic posts. This is a NO TROLL ZONE.
Please stay on topic or start a new one. Name calling is not permitted.
Please report off topic posts, and thank you for your cooperation.
I did not PM every member whose post was deleted. Sorry there were too many.

Back
Top Bottom