Help?? New Ikelite port.. Is it supposed to look like this??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior2725

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just received a new ikelite setup for my canon 20d. I just opened up the boxes and everything looks okay except the flat port with focus for my 100mm macro lens. This port looks like it has some poor workmanship. I am not sure I trust to use it. I have included some quick pics that I took of it. They are not great but I have to get to work and didn't have time to do a better job. Please let me know what you think. Is this usual for what an Ikelite product should look like? I had believed that Ikelite products were good and I was getting a quality setup. I purchased the housing, 8 in dome, and port body for my 10-22mm lens along with two DS-125 substrobes. I know that this is not as good as if I had spent the extra money for the aluminum housing but this was already enough money. Should I get the port replaced? Should I have not gone with Ikelite?

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8009-1.jpg

I have the same camera and housing. Mine no where looks like that. I would contact Ikelite about replacement. Mine has never leaked and I own three housings. Looks like a flaw in the machine process of things. or it was dropped. Sorry to hear about the issue. If I can help any further please let me know.

I have the same camera and housing. Mine no where looks like that. I would contact Ikelite about replacement. Mine has never leaked and I own three housings. Looks like a flaw in the machine process of things. or it was dropped. Sorry to hear about the issue. If I can help any further please let me know.

Thanks, I emailed the guys at helix concerning it. I'm sure they will let me know the best way to send it back. They have been really helpful with all of my questions and giving me suggestions. This must be a fluke thing. Thanks for reassuring me about Ikelite in general. I'm looking forward to trying out the housing. That part looks good it was just this one port that wasn't right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom