Nikonos V Metering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GJ DIVER

Reaction score
Hello knowledgable Nikonos V users,
I recently upgraded my Nikonos V equipment and need to know if anyone can shed some light on a metering possibility.
While using my Nikonos V with extension tubes is it possible to get a spot metering through this setup. I would like to carry my older Nikonos II with a 20mm lens stapped tight in case a natural light shot were to come along. It would seem to me all I would need to do is take an ambient spot meter on the background with my Nikonos V then extrapolate from there assuming I start with the same speed and fstop on both cameras. Any ideas on this?

Need to know GJ DIVER

Hello,

If you make an X in the viewfinder and about 1/2 way down from the intersection to the bottom is the region where the nikonos meters at.

If you do use the nik metereing like you mentioned keep in mind the exposure formula.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom