liveaboard dive-cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirmarkus

New
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a liveaboard dive boat for a group 10-20 people? Some non divers will be with us. So we need a combo of dive and land-Beach. I have been to many land trips to Carib and Hawaii diving. I also went on a blackbeard cruise the best diving I have done but may be too dive oreanted for the non divers. Please reply thanks

I highly recommend the Nekton. If you leave out of Fort Lauderdale they pick you up and return you to the airport. Food was great diving fantastic, dive operation perfect. Non-divers have plenty of room to lounge around and get sun. They provide snorkeling too, which is why I was able to go (wife does not dive).

Check out the Cuan Law at www.cuanlaw.com. It is a 100+ ft trimaran sailing in the BVI. It is truly a floating 5 star hotel. Great diving. They have "toys" on board for afternoon play -- sea kayaks, sunfish, snorkeling equipment. They even have water skis and are able to pull skiers behind the inflatable boats. They dive experience is a dream, and the food is unbelievable.

I second the vote for Nekton. !Nekton Diving Cruises

I've done three of their itineraries on both the Rorqual and the Pilot. I would recommend either the Southern Bahamas or Central Belize routes - both have excellent dive sites!! I haven't been on the Bahamas Adventure route yet and didn't care much for the Cay Sal Banks route. Loved the other two!!

Southern Bahamas dive sites are very close to shore so your non-diving guests might be able to kayak to shore or talk the crew into shuttling them over. There is at least a one day planned shore excursion on that route, same with Belize route. I believe that they still take everyone to Altun Ha ruins in Belize - a very nice side trip.

Staff is excellent, very nice cabins with private bathrooms, unlimited hot water, spacious lounge and dining areas, very large sundeck with hot tub and the boat is VERY stable so sea-sickness is very limited. Food is GREAT - Be prepared to gain weight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom