20 mile barge and Rome Dive trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amadus98

Contributor
Reaction score
First i have to say thanks to Garys Gulf Divers for putting this trip together. Once again a Awsome trip with Gary!!!! We got off to a late start due to one of the divers going not knowing where the boat departed from...LOLOL ok next time i wont be late haha. It all worked out in the long run cuz it gave the crisp morning air a chance to warm up a bit. After a great 20 min ride off shore we came onto out first spot. Some type of flat deck boat with a wheel house on top. Lots of sea life around and even a mako shark. Although i missed it the others saw him scamper away. It made everyones day seeing that big ole boy swimming off. I pocketed a shell off the sea floor @ 101ft , the water temp was a warm 72 degrees at depth and 69 at the surface, and all in all a great dive. Next we headed off to a site called Rome. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by a pod of dolphins. They were awsome!! After an hour surface int, and great conversation i was ready for dive # 2. WOW what an awsome place. Diving was like swimming around Rome underwater except for the huge sting rays swimming around..lolol after a 19min bottom time and a depth if 95ft i headed back to the surface. Once on board our divemaster John said he spear'd a good size amberjack and then was relieved of his catch by a bullying bullshark. He said that he felt a bump and then saw teeth and whoooosh is fish was gone. Our after dive debriefing was held at tackyJacks along with cold beers and cheeseburgers. Once again an outstanding day diving. Thanks to all that went I couldnt of asked for a better group of guys to dive with I had a blast.
Andreas

Some pics will fallow.

Copy_of_DSC02074.JPG

Dolphin
Copy_of_DSC02075.JPG
Copy_of_DSC02077.JPG

He didn't get away...
Copy_of_DSC02078.JPG

Thanks. Nice report. Glad to see the gulf settled down a bit after last weekend!

Well I don't see any ladies onboard so I don't guess there was any dancing going on huh Andreas? :wink:

Alright!!!!! It is hard to dance without one...:D

What?...the topic wasn't pole dancing.....excuse me, I must be on the wrong thread..:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom