Disposable Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a disposable camera? Just using it for first dive in Belize. max 40 feet dive. As in the past the pictures come out blurry.

Thanks
ScubaBoard Newbie

I was very frustrated with disposable cameras and changed to a digital camera. However, with either camera, I would do the following.

Try wiping the camera over the lense. The more I wipe that area, less bubbles I get in the pictures. Search the SB photo sites for other tips.

Your pictures should not have been blurry unless you were too close to the subject. They may have been poor quality, bad light, not blurry. I suspect the camera was at fault or maybe the case fogged.

When you decide to get a underwater digital camera, I would search SB for suggestions.

Hope this helps - Tom

I've used diposable cameras with decent results.

However, the shutter button just doesn't work great with depth. (pressure will push the button in) and you have to wind it into the next frame and listen of the click.

Also all your pictures will come out 'blue' as red and yellow colors go away first.

I found them frustrating and not worth the effort. Find someone else on the dive with a digital camera and get a copy of theirs.

Suprema makes a Underwater Disposable Camera
One time use 35 mm underwater camera
Rated up to 45 feet
Focus Free Lens for sharp, clear pictures up to 4 feet
Film 400ASA
27 Exposures
Buy Suprema Underwater Disposable Camera PSUNDYUWBA427 and other scuba diving gear at scuba.com

For not too much more you can upgrade to a reusable.
Snap Sights Dive Daylight Re-Usable Camera:
Rated to 100 feet - Ideal for Snorkeling / SCUBA Divers
Focus free 28m lens
Positive buoyancy - it floats
Pressure resistant shutter button
Reusable
Durable shock resistant construction
Camlock closure system to prevent accidental opening underwater
Extra flip-up viewfinder for easy viewing
Use 35mm Camera without the housing for all your topside photos
27 Exposures
Includes film and a lanyard
Buy Snap Sights Dive Daylight Re Usable Camera SS02 and other scuba diving gear at scuba.com

I am researching the same issue for an upcoming trip. This i what I have found so far.

Plain disposable camera - Fuji Film quick Snap 35mm, waterproof to 17 feet (mentioned above)
supposed to be easier to advance film underwater than other cameras
Amazon.com: Fujifilm Quick Snap Waterproof 35mm Single Use Camera (4 Pack): Camera & Photo

Reusable camera - Snapsights Reusable camera 35 mm, waterproof to 100 feet ( same as mentioned above)
Amazon.com: Intova Reusable Sports Waterflash Snap Sights: Sports & Outdoors

I also read somewhere else that it was highly recommended to use
1) 400 ISO film if you can and
2) to use Kodak Sea Processing to develop the film KODAK: SEA Processing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom