Interested in U/W photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to buy a digital camera and strobe for Christmas or a housing and strobe for one of the cameras mentioned below and would like to spend around $500. Is this doable or realistic ? I'm not after award winning photos. I'd just like to show the wife and family what I see while diving and why I took up this great sport.
I already have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 and an Olympus C-3000 Zoom, if that's any help.
Most of my diving is at Dutch Springs (quarry) and some wrecks off of the Jersey coast.
Thanks for any help,
Steve

$500 now, $1000s later...lol. There are quite a few digicams with OEM housings that you could get for around that. I doubt you could get the camera, housing and strobe for $500 unless you purchased used. You could house either of those cameras although the housings might be difficult to find. In your price range, you'll want to stick with OEM housings. Then a Sea Life 960D or some kind of digital strobe of that price range will get you started.

I've seen the Sea and Sea DX-750G packaged with the YS-27 strobe on ebay for around $600. I think something like this would be your best bet. I don't think you are going to find the housing for your current camera, they are too outdated. This would get you decent pics to show the family.

I'm looking to buy a digital camera and strobe for Christmas or a housing and strobe for one of the cameras mentioned below and would like to spend around $500. Is this doable or realistic ? I'm not after award winning photos. I'd just like to show the wife and family what I see while diving and why I took up this great sport.
I already have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 and an Olympus C-3000 Zoom, if that's any help.
Most of my diving is at Dutch Springs (quarry) and some wrecks off of the Jersey coast.
Thanks for any help,
Steve

=========================================

Turn back now ...before it's too late !!

Just kidding, of course. Thinking back to the 80's when the u/w photo bug bit me for the first time. All I can say is ...It's been a wild ride"

Enjoy your plunge !!

If you're interested I've got an amazing P&S setup for sale, check out this thread:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210086

There are a few pics I've taken as an example of how well it performs, and how good it can make a bad photographer look :)

Billy

What's your opinion of the INTOVA IC-600 Underwater Waterproof Digital camera along with a strobe for a newbi?
1.New to scuba 7 dives
2.Will be diving mainly at the quarry (Dutch Springs)
3.Some dives off of the Jersey coast.
4. Just looking for decent photos to show family & friends.

Thanks, Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom