5.5" manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WD8CDH

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the center to center spacing of your 5.5" manifold #VA3003-200?

Is it 165mm (6.5") or is it 8"? If it is 8" that is only 1/2" narrower than your standard manifold.:(

I am looking to make a set of double skinny tanks and don't want a wide space between the tanks.

Thanks,

Ron

What is the center to center spacing of your 5.5" manifold #VA3003-200?

Is it 165mm (6.5") or is it 8"? If it is 8" that is only 1/2" narrower than your standard manifold.:(

I am looking to make a set of double skinny tanks and don't want a wide space between the tanks.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron,

The center to center spacing is 165mm. Great for double 45s or similar. Check out more tech specs at SCUBA Diving Equipment and gear for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - 200 Bar 5.5" Tank Manifold

Best, Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

Could you check a manifold with a ruler please? From the pictures on your website of both the 5.5" bands and the manifold, it looks quite a bit wider.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Kathleen,

Could you check a manifold with a ruler please? From the pictures on your website of both the 5.5" bands and the manifold, it looks quite a bit wider.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Sorry for the confusion. 165mm isolation crossbar fits tanks with 7.75 inch (197 mm) center-to-center spacing, including US LP45 tanks or Aluminum 40 tanks.

Typical tanks would be twin 45's for example. Check out the second picture option at SCUBA Diving Equipment and gear for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - 5.5" Tank Bands to see a pic of the bands and manifold set-up on these tanks.

I hope this helps.
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

I see that the web site has the corrected info too. Thanks:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom