The best Mai Tai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pamdiv

Contributor
Reaction score
Central California, until I retire then it's somew
# of dives
500 - 999
Some time ago, I think I read on Scubaboard that there is a place in Lahaina that serves the 'best mai tai in the world'. A search rendered no such thread, so I put the question out to anyone who may have the answer. We are going to Maui next week and would like to sample the 'best mai tai in the world' (in between dives, that is).

Well, I've sampled Mai Tai's from around Maui (certainly not all of them) and my favourite was aboard the Kai Kanani -- a snorkel boat that leaves from the beach in front of the Maui Prince.

I'm not sure who would claim the best Mai Tai, but I suspect it may be Cheeseburgers in Paradise (Front Street, Lahaina) or its sister store Cheeseburgers Island Style (Shops at Wailea).

Kimo's on Front St serves up a real good one. However, even better than the mai tai is their Tropical Itch!!

The God Maui was still pulling his namesake island out of the ocean when the Mai Tai was invented at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. Even years after their invention, I found them intoxicatingly refreshing, and the Royal Hawaiian will always be magical, at least until they rip it down.

Back
Top Bottom