Suggestions for my first UW camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

george1098

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm very interested in venturing in to the realm of underwater photography. I am doing a little research of under water camera systems. I would like to start with a good quality camera that is not too much of a wallet buster (say the $200 to $300 range,, maybe more...) and get a strobe attachment later. Any suggestions? thanks!

You might look at a film camera. I just got a low end camera with the housing and strobe. I was over $700.00 when it was all said and done. Good luck!!!

Hi all
I'm very interested in venturing in to the realm of underwater photography. I am doing a little research of under water camera systems. I would like to start with a good quality camera that is not too much of a wallet buster (say the $200 to $300 range,, maybe more...) and get a strobe attachment later. Any suggestions? thanks!

Try Ebay.

If you're willing to wait for a strobe, there are several options with OEM housings which will come in close to your budget. Try looking at the Canon A series for example. If you look at the top of this forum, there's a sticky by Alcina which has links to threads which have discussed several of the options (though some are a bit out of date, it will get you started in the right direction).

Hi all

You could look at the ReefMaster Mini.

LeisurePro has it for $249.95. My wife has one and we just bought one for my daughter for Christmas at the LDS. They had a day after Thanksgiving special for the same price as LeisurePro.

The unit is small, self-contained and requires no extra housing.

SeaLife SL320 ReefMaster Mini Digital Camera from LeisurePro.com

I have my Canon PowerShot SD850 IS, how do you guys think of it? Here is some specs and reviews
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS: Digital Photography Review
I got it just for a few weeks, but it's really a great camera, easy to use, very light and compact. Great performance and image quality. You can try the deal I used, it seems drop a lot, only $252 and have a 1GB SD Card
dealstudio.com :: View Deals - :: Deals, Coupons, Rebates, Freebies, Discounts, Bargains

Back
Top Bottom