New in New Orleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doll_Fin

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am a new diver and new to this forum. I already introduced myself in the Greetings topic, but figured I'd say hi y'all here too. I'm in New Orleans and would love the chance to meet other divers around here and find new friends with whom I can go diving! Hope to hear from you!

There are several other ScubaBoarders in your area, but without going offshore(or diving the Lake), not alot of diving available without a short drive East.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, looking forward to seeing you diving on the AL/FL coasts and springs.

We have a great group of divers over here in Alabama/Florida Panhandle. There is a guy NOLADiver, that's a hoot and on here a lot. He dives with us over here. Come visit.

I am a new diver and new to this forum. I already introduced myself in the Greetings topic, but figured I'd say hi y'all here too. I'm in New Orleans and would love the chance to meet other divers around here and find new friends with whom I can go diving! Hope to hear from you!

Welcome.

I too, am in New Orleans, but like Mat said, not much diving until Gulf Shores (especially for a new diver), as the Rigs require a bit of seasoning...

Welcome aboard. I'd be happy to dive with you.

Welcome to the board!! I'm a couple of hours north of you so maybe I'll see you in the panhandle one day!

Thanks! I do realize there isn't a whole lot of diving in the immediate area. One thing I should mention is that I do not drive due to a visual impairment (see my posts in Divers with Disabilities). I have one friend who dives but I can't always go with him, so I am hoping to make some local friends that I could carpool with.

Welcome Doll Fin, I live in MAndeville (north Shore) of New Orleans, Im new to the area too. Ive done some good dives all with in a few hours of here. Anytime you want to dive just hit me up.Im all ways looking for a dive buddy. Carpoolin is great, if you wanna go ill drive. Welcome to the area.
Andreas

Thanks for the welcome! Are there any dive clubs or just informal get togethers among local divers around here? Since I'm so new at this and the only other diver I know around here lives in Picayune, would love just get together and get to know others around here.

You don't have to drive all the way to Gulf Shores. There is great diving outside of the barrier islands in Mississippi. Lots of wrecks and lots of rigs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom