War Eagle!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Nuff said....

WAR FREAKIN' EAGLE!!!!!!! I don't know if you remember where the Auburn player got bit by the dog. But I work for to fire department for the city of Opelika and the dog belongs to the Opelika Police Department. I wouldn't want to run from that dog. I also would not want to mess with the officers for the city of opelika. One reasoning is that I was riding on the rescue truck one night and had to go to the jail for a guy who got put in the drunk tank. He was complaining of chest pains. Myself and my partner were checking the guy and there were three officers behind me well this guy decided he wanted to try to hit us. Well he was on his back and he kicked his feet up in the air and almost made really good contact with myself and my partner and before the both of us realized what had happened those 3 officers jumped over both our backs and was on him in the blink of an eye. I realized then that I would never want to mess with them. Good thing they are always trying to look out for us. Anywho,

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!! 6 IN A ROW!!!!!

A little context for eavesdroppers like me that may not get the context of this thread.

In the mid-1990s I taught at one of Alabama's institutions of higher learning not in the SEC. While many outsiders understood the importance of SEC football, especially the rivalry between Auburn (War Eagle) and Alabama, I was a recent import from SOCAL and did not quite understand that an entire state could shut down for a football game. I happened to be in Montgomergy on game day to buy a mountain bike and was told by the shop owner that I would have to either make my selection of come back because they were closing early because of the game. The trip was not a total loss; I had the mall in Montgomery to myself, with clerks tripping over each other to help me and managed to get all my Christmas shopping done record time. The highway home was deserted. That night I heard on the radio news that two murders were attributed to fights that resulted because of the outcome of the game. A few years later at a 5K Auburn/Bama themed race in Dothan, people would ask me "who you 'fer?" As UCLA was playing USC that day, I stated "the Bruins, of course" to looks of confusion.

Good to see the rivalry is still alive.

covediver...

I made the comment last night that it would be the perfect time to go to Walmart as no one would be there.

During AL vs AU halftime two years ago I drove over to someone elses house... the highway was empty and the town was like a ghost town. I've seen more traffic out on Christmas than during the Iron Bowl.

As for fans fighting and murders, almost every year there are at least a couple of drunk fans that get in fights over the game and sometimes it does end in one of them being dead. pretty stupid. Most of the time, excess alcohol is involved.

but... for 6 in a row... I wonder how this will pan out in the Tuberville might be leaving. I wonder if Auburn will throw more cash on the table.

Bama already has thrown $4million/year on the table. One columnist wrote "this is what we get for $4million a year?"

If the streak keeps going, I'll be getting my "Fear Both Thumbs" shirt like everyone else! (in 4 more years)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom