2008 Expeditions to Leatherback Turtle Nesting Beach in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c2t91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Save Our Leatherbacks Operations (SOLO), a 501(c) (3) tax exempt Foundation, is sponsoring four 11 day live-aboard Expeditons to a large, remote nesting beach of Leatherback turtles in Eastern Indonesia (Irian Jaya aka Papua). The expeditions allow you visit the nesting beach and witness these giant turtles (up to 2000 # and 7' long) exit the ocean, labor up the beach, dig their 4' deep nest, lay eggs, carefully cover the nest and return to the ocean. Additionally, there will plenty of fantastic diving in the Raja Ampats. These expeditions are scheduled during July and August of 2008 aboard Grand Komodo's newly refurbished MV Raja Ampat.

Also, being part of the expediton, you will be participating in SOLO activities/education. As such, ALL expenses related to the the expediton (air fare, in-transit food and lodging as well as the cost of the expedition) are IRS deductible.

For expedition details, go to the SOLO website http://www.leatherbackturtles.org/ and click on the "EXPEDITIONS" link at the top of the page (you may have to unblock pop-ups to see the PDF document). Feel free to send me a message if you have questions or need additional trip information. I am a SOLO advisor and have been on the turtle beach the past two years. Additionally I have been diving with the SOLO Founder/Director in Indonesia for the past five years. It is a great trip and you won't be disappointed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom