Moulton Quarry, Moulton, AL .... 1st dive in AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Today I went for a dive in Moulton Quarry after meeting the owner Anthony McGee last night for access to camp with the mortorhome. I am still checking out my doubles and dove 47' for 43 mins. It was rainy with the air temp at 50F, water surface temp at 59F and the bottom around 57F. Vis was awful at 0' below 40' deep (rust-yellow silty murk) and only 5' shallower than 40' deep. One nice surprise aside from the seemingly hundreds of small curious bluegill were the dime-sized jellyfish pulsing in the water. We managed to see a few upended cars and boats and a cool bus. When I was out for a run this morning, I noted that area around the quarry was beautiful with black cattle nearby and lots of songbirds.

Between this thread and your last, seems like you're having a nice little journey around the south.

Check out my profile. We're on the way to get our intro to caverna nd Cave certs in FL next week. These previous dives in WV, OH, IN, KY, TN & AL are all along the way to our destination of FL. I really have enjoyed the beauty of the US. Each state has its own unique features. This has been a one of a kind experience for me!

Good to see they are still open or opeing (if closed for the winter) for folks on call.

good report. I found it usefull as we were trying to determine what the water temps would be out there about now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom