name this wierd reg set please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Unfortunately no Pic of the reg set yet as my friend has them in Florida and I am in NY but I have never seen them to date at any other shop or dive destination other than at my friend's house. The set has a "dacor" looking three console gauge that hooks to the right where the compass is and a very small temp gauge at the base as well. The First stage appears to be a "chrome like" color and is smaller but somewhat similar to my mk25. The primary is black, adjustable, and the hoses say "ocean divers" on them but the reg itself has no markings. A google search for ocean divers didn't come up with much. The reg cover is round and has small pill like cut outs around the edge. The octo is the same in yellow. I believe the set was purchased about 8 or so years ago from a shop in the Tampa Bay area. The regs kind of remind me of the old us divers regs from 10 ish years ago. Any thoughts?

My friend also has an ameri-sea bcd purchased about the same time. I have heard of ameri-sea but a google search for them tells me that ameri-sea has closed it's doors. It doesn't appear that ameri-sea sold regs.

I ask because another friend of mine wants to buy the gear from my friend and I just want to make sure the regs can be serviced easily after they are sold. The one friend who owns them only used them once after his initial certification so no worries there as the stuff still looks new but having never even seen this model of reg before, I worry for many reasons. Thanks for your thoughts in advance!:D

I will try to get some pics...

Back
Top Bottom