Sunshine Diving - Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueSun

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

As part of a trip to Europe in August/September I am researching a side trip to Egypt (it's funny, the more I research the less it becomes a side trip and the more it becomes the whole reason for going... but I digress...!). Due to limited time and the desire to cram in some topside Egyptian adventures Im considering booking the whole package through Sunshine Diving who offer land touring packages with transfers etc to livaboards out of Hurghada.

Does anyone have experience with these guys, or similar, or have experience with independent travel in Egypt in combination with a liveaboard?

Many thanks in anticipation!
Caitlin

Cool! Just checked out their website. It seems like a great company with flexible dive and land/sea options. Do you know what their prices are like? I don't see any advertised up front on the website which makes me think it's pricey but who knows!

Well, we've gone ahead and booked with them, so I'll let you know how we go! We have had excellent service so far from Terri @ Sunshine - hope it continues. We're joining the 10 day (!) "Best of the Red Sea" liveaboard in September 08 on board M/Y Sweet Dream which looks gorgeous. We're doing a week of topside touring before we meet the boat. The appeal of going with Sunshine was that you don't travel with a group (we're generally independent travelers) which means totally flexible touring options. They fit in with you. They provide personal guides at all the local sites and organise all accommodation and transfers. I'm sure it works out more expensive than if we arranged everything ourselves but this is our first trip to Egypt and in the end it's more about convenience and only dealing with one company - and one who understands divers' needs. Our 18 day trip, all inclusive including accommodation, transfers, transport, domestic flights and the 10 day liveaboard was around 2000 Euros per person. Comparing to Australian prices this sounds pretty reasonable to me, but I'm guessing it's in the higher end of the market.

C.

okay great i will try and contact them again. i've tried once and haven't heard anything back (i just filled out the forms on their website for the different tour options. if you have a direct email address you want to pm me that would be awesome! otherwise i'll just try and contact them again. would love to set something up for next month as they seem like a good dive operation combo. thanks so much!

sincerely,
analeah

Hey Analeah,

Check your PM's! :)
Terri did warn me that everything closes over the Christmas / New Years break which may explain the delay in getting back to you.

Good luck and have lots of fun!

Back
Top Bottom