I like the Dork Dive Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boa Gialla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi.

First of all, I apologize for my awful english, so please forgive me if i'm wrong in writing this forum.

I like very much this "Dork Dive Philosophy": I've read the "Eleven Laws of Dork Diving", and they fit fine with my idea of diving. Well, my nick (Boa Gialla = Yellow Buoy) is a sort of confirmation of this "status".
:wink:

In my experience, in Mediterranean and Red Sea, the greatest part of divers are dork divers, i.e. people who share this view, who know how much is important to laugh, about themselves too.

Isn't the same in USA?

Thank you.
Ciao,
A.

Well if you agree with the eleven rules of Dork Diving,you must be a :dork2:
So be welcome to SB and be a happy :dork2:

:lotsalove:

Ciao and welcome to the wonderful world of diving just for the fun of it! We have active members all over the world and English is not a requirement. Tell us about diving in Italy!

Ciao and welcome to the wonderful world of diving just for the fun of it! We have active members all over the world and English is not a requirement. Tell us about diving in Italy!

Thank you!

Diving in Italy ... it's a very large question. I'd rather answer referring to this article written by Claudio Di Manao, a famous guide in the Red Sea, about Italian divers.
:wink:

Ciao
A.

P.S. Don't believe Di Manao: we can be even worse
:14:

Welcome to our little corner of the dork world, Boa...you'll find that being a dork diver is something that all OTHER divers secretly aspire to.

Whether they know it or not. :)

WELCOME! Your English is much better than you give yourself credit for, we understand you just fine!
Ber :lilbunny:

Yes you belong here and you can never leave again!!! HAHAH!!! :D

Your english is better than many who claim english as their first language

Your english is better than many who claim english as their first language

Thank you, but i need about 900% more time to write something.
And the real problem is that i miss a lot of meanings out of your posts, as you write messages in the "normal" spoken english; and I know only this learned-at-school english. So i feel myself an idiot, and i don't like it.

I do hope you understand what i wrote. Unfortunately in Italy the study of the english is not as good as in other european country.
:shakehead:

Ciao,
A.

And the real problem is that i miss a lot of meanings out of your posts, as you write messages in the "normal" spoken english; and I know only this learned-at-school english. So i feel myself an idiot, and i don't like it.
I certainly understand that. Last winter, I flew to Fukuoka, Japan, to visit J. I've been literate and well-spoken for longer than I can remember, so finding myself illiterate and incomprehensible was unsettling.

(Of course, it was a very small price to pay for being able to spend a couple weeks with J. for the first time since she went to Japan to teach English. :biggrin:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom