Dork Diver T-shirts for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, i just found out something interesting.

It is very easy to make your own t-shirt via CafePress and that is what I have done. The shirt looks like this:

jitcrunch.aspx

Back
jitcrunch.aspx

If there is enough interest I can open a shop and anyone can buy this. Or I can send anyone the jpg's and you can do it yourself.

The reason Ive got so much energy on this is that the whoel DD thing has become a running joke with my wife, and this would make a hilarious Christmas gift.

Cafepress can also make this design on all sorts of shirts and sweatshirts and whatnot...

PLEASE sent the JPG , would love to see this logo all over the world :D:D

:dork2:rules

I have decided to set up a Cafepress shop to allow anyone to buy these shirts. I can still email the images if you would rather do the shirt yourselves and save money.

These shirts sell on Cafepress for $19. This is their price and includes NO MARKUP from me. I wouldnt feel right making money on this. Be aware that if you go to Cafepress and order your own design the shirt will only cost $14. I dont know why this is. I thought as I was setting up the shop that the shirt would be the same price as the ones I designed and ordered already.

Here is the site for the shop.
Dork Diver Fitted T-Shirt > Dash's Designs | CafePress

If you desire the images to make your own, PM me your email address and Ill send them to you.

Feel free to sticky this, if desired.

PLEASE sent the JPG , would love to see this logo all over the world :D:D
If you're referring to the DD logo on the back, I've got original JPEGs in several sizes at Hazelnut Scuba that you can grab. The smallest ones aren't just resizes, either, as I changed the mask and such in order for it to render better.

I don't yet have a huge JPEG or a vector version, unfortunately. I've been meaning to build a vector file from the original Photoshop layers, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The fins were based on raster clip art, so I'll have to redraw those by hand to make them vector shapes, and I'm not sure about gradients in vector formats -- I'm from a photographic background, not a vector background). If anyone wants to use a very large version, let me know, and I'll pull the Photoshop files back up and get to work on it.

(If you're asking for the shovel, well, that's not my art. :biggrin:)

Clayjar,

If you don't mind I would love to give this to my brother,who is in to the vector stuff.
Maybe he can blow it up to a BIG size.

If you can PM me the original file he can take it apart and blow it up.

greetz.

Evert

FYI, my previous note about hte prices was not quite correct. The prices depend onthe shirt type. Some of the shirts are now less than $19

Also, Cafepress has alot of different shirt types, eg. Womens, Plus sizes, Kids...etc.

If you want a different shirt type or any other item they sell, just tell me and Ill add it.

Clayjar, I hope you have no problem with me doing this with your art. I really liked the logo, as did others. I didnt want to step on any toes, so I hope you are ok with this. I should have asked first, but got carried away..

I copied the image form your Hazelnut site, but something strange happened when I pasted it to Photo Editor. ALthough the background shows white when looking at your site, after pasting it it turns to black. I had to "fill" the background with white in MS Paint.

If you think the shirts would come out better with your original image file, I would be happy to upload it to Cafepress to better the quality. You can send it to me at speedrzr@yahoo.com, if you'd like.

ClayJar, I hope you have no problem with me doing this with your art. I really liked the logo, as did others. I didnt want to step on any toes, so I hope you are ok with this. I should have asked first, but got carried away.
Oh, no problem at all. I didn't make the art for profit; I made it for fun, so I'm happy to see it being enjoyed by my fellow Dork Divers.

(Now, if you were a rich designer making a killing on ugly clothes, and you ended up making US$12 million on DD logo merchandise, I'd be quite grateful for the royalty checks and the diving they'd pay for. :D)

If you think the shirts would come out better with your original image file, I would be happy to upload it to Cafepress to better the quality.
When we end up with a nice vector version, we should be able to hook you up with a much higher resolution version for printing. What I have now isn't going to be significantly different, I don't think.

Well, what do you know. I was reading slashdot recently, when what did my eyes behold, but a comment mentioning "Inkscape". It was only a passing mention, but I noticed it.

Inkscape, if you also haven't heard of it, is a GPL-licensed (i.e. free and open) vector graphics program. It supports SVG, and it has everything one needs to... I don't know... to make a vector version of the Dork Diver logo, perhaps.

Naturally, I did it. :biggrin:

My Dork Diver logo submission page now has the vector source graphic (in SVG format), rendered versions at several sizes, *AND* a very large (3000x1868 pixel size, 1.1 MB) PNG rendering that can be used for CafePress and the like. Not a jagged edge to be seen.

Frankly, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. :D

Well, what do you know. I was reading slashdot recently, when what did my eyes behold, but a comment mentioning "Inkscape". It was only a passing mention, but I noticed it.

Inkscape, if you also haven't heard of it, is a GPL-licensed (i.e. free and open) vector graphics program. It supports SVG, and it has everything one needs to... I don't know... to make a vector version of the Dork Diver logo, perhaps.

Naturally, I did it. :biggrin:

My Dork Diver logo submission page now has the vector source graphic (in SVG format), rendered versions at several sizes, *AND* a very large (3000x1868 pixel size, 1.1 MB) PNG rendering that can be used for CafePress and the like. Not a jagged edge to be seen.

Frankly, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. :D

Ouch you've beaten me to it :D
good for you,LOOK GREAT :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom