Anilao Underwater World Thru My G9.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed_Dman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just came back from Anilao and would like to share my journey there. Here’s a short and brief report… :D

A day before the trip…
Slammed and clamped my right thumb in between the car door… Beep! Beep! Beep!
The pain was un-imaginable, blood clogged and the whole thumb went stiff. BEEP!
Thumb swollen and couldn’t really sleep well.

Flight day…
Decided to go to a local Chinese Doc, put medication and wrapped my injured thumb.
Have to go to the shop and pack my gears, a few buddies dropped by…
They told and warned me about the typhoon that was about to hit Southern East Side of Manila. That’s really great, a swollen thumb and typhoon before the trip…
Arrived at the airport at about 11:30pm (flight was scheduled to take off at 1:20am) and was soon informed of more great news…
The flight is delayed for 2 hours and will only take off at 3am…
Finally the time has come… got on the plane and in no time, snoozed off.

The journey of our trip begins…
Arrived in Manila and at first glance, the weather doesn’t look too good. Cloudy and kinda wet, looks like it rained the nite before…
Hop into the pre-arranged pick up and our journey to Anilao started. During the journey, I was worried about my freaking thumb and the typhoon that was forecasted. Thought to myself, I’m here already and I’m gonna go thru and enjoy the trip, anyhow…
Finally, we arrived in Anilao. Hey! The weather wasn’t too bad, sea was calm and the water looks pretty good, but the sun was a lil bit shy. Without wasting any time, checked into the resort and sorted out all the rooms for my guests.
Setup my rig and it’s time to go diving! :D

60 minutes later…

The water was pretty calm and warm, visibility was good. Thank GOD for blessing us with everything, even though the forecast was the opposite…

Through out the trip, we saw a lot of amazing stuff, but however, I didn’t take as many shots as I normally would. Due to my stiffed thumb and was experimenting more with my new G9. Here are some of the shots to share… Enjoy! :wink:

img0557pw7.jpg

img0579qg4.jpg

img0495lr6.jpg

Thumb stiffed and painful on the 1st day...

Ed.

The Interesting Nudist... :D

img0566ll2.jpg

img0578tk2.jpg

img0364ja0.jpg

Stay tune...

Ed.

Great shots. That G9 does right by you.

Nothing worse than getting sick or injured while traveling but it always seems to happen.

Glad it wasn't worse for you.

The Sexy Nudist... :lol:

img0372ca5.jpg

img0366pm1.jpg

img0454rp8.jpg

Ed.

The Canon G9 is definitely an action packed camera. It is pretty much the same with the Canon G7, except for a few newly added features (12.1 Megapixel, RAW, 3” Pure Color LCD Screen and the capability to reduce the AF frame by 25% for precise focusing).
The G9 also comes with the ability to select and move the focusing point to where you want it to focus.

Tips (For those who are new to it): For setting adjustment with Canon housing – Just press the top left button and at the same time, press the middle right buttons to select the setting. Press the left (macro - flower icon) to lower and right (flash – lightning icon) to increase, the shutter speed or aperture settings. :wink:

Ed.

Excellent color and sharpness. Makes me want to upgrade now.

Great shots. That G9 does right by you.

Nothing worse than getting sick or injured while traveling but it always seems to happen.

Glad it wasn't worse for you.

Excellent color and sharpness. Makes me want to upgrade now.

Thanks for all the kind words, Giligan! Well! I guess, it's one of those bad thumb day! :lol:
Just go to the nearest camera shop and charge it to your credit card. :wink:

Ed.

Taking a closer look... :D

img0392mk9.jpg

img0389is2.jpg

More to come... :wink:

Ed.

Excellent pix, Ed.

Got myself a second UFL-165 wet lens and I'd like to ask, what is the minimum focusing distance on a stacked lens (2)? and while zooming?

edit: and vignetting is already present even before you take the shot. Either you zoom a little or crop the pic to eliminate the circular shadow.

Back
Top Bottom