Some photos for all C&C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigfrog23

Reaction score
here are a few photo from my last two trips all shot were taken at Fort ross cove all shots were taken with a canon 30D and a canon 10-22 EF-s over several days hope you enjoy

strawberry anemone
first_shots_13.jpg

sculpin
first_shots_1_1_.jpg

barnacle feeding and strawberry anemone
first_shots_2_1_.jpg

strawberry anemone
first_shots_14.jpg

sun star
first_shots_15.jpg

metridiums
first_shots_11.jpg

my dive buddy
first_shots_9.jpg

reef
first_shots_8.jpg

the one of the boilers on the U.S.S Pomona
first_shots_6.jpg

metridiums and strawberry anemones
first_shots_10.jpg

first_shots_3.jpg

Very nice pictures, but dark. I dive NorCal, so I know the challenges of finding light, but I think you might have your f-stop set too high, or too fast a shutter for your wide shots. What is the EXIF on your shots? Were they all taken with strobes on? Are you shooting manual, or using a Program, Shutter or Aperture priority mode? Otherwise, very pretty. I do like the blackout background and very nice detail on the Metridium shots, you caught the barnacle nicely, and I enjoyed the buddy picture behind the field of Corynactis as well. The Sculpin could be a really nice shot with more light.

Thanks for sharing, but you must tell me when the vis was that good, because it has not been lately.

Are you coming out to dive Fort Ross tomorrow? North Coast Divers will be out there on the beach, Saturday at 9:00am.

First thanks for sharing, more of a concern are the soft corners on the wide-angles (first picture), even with an 8 inch dome port. Maybe and a 6 dome with work out better because the curvature of the dome is better matched with the curvature of your lense...just guessing.

Or is it because the picture angle is varying when zooming in and out yet the dome stays the same.

If I may ask, where is this dive site, it near Salt Point?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom