caribbean spearing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterlucas3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey Im planning a vacation for jan or feb im located in nj, usa so the caribbean is pretty close and affordable for me, this summer i was in the Dominican Republic and the dive shop said they can get fined for hunting, my question is where in the caribbean can i get some decent and legal spearing in?? thanks guys

I don't know of anywhere in the Caribbean that allows spearguns on scuba to hunt. In many countries you need to freedive and use a "non-trigger" device, like a pole spear or sling. Some other countries like Mexico & Belize allow trigger guns but each country is different and the regs constantly change. Here is a link that spearo's are compiling to create a quick guide to spearing around the world.

Just my 2 cents, but the Florida Key's offer some of the most incredible spearfishing around and probably alot cheaper to vacation than the caribbean locales.

Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites - Spearboard Spearfishing Community

well im looking for free diving hunting, is any place in the bahamas legal?

with a sling or pole spear. not a gun.
sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom