any recommendation for dive operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
in 2 weeks time, i'd be going to red sea for 1-day dive. anyone can recommend a decent dive operator? and as time is not on my side, we would only be able to have 2 dives only hence any recommended dive sites which i should not miss?

many thanks:)

Hi Asser and ArtherGurla

Apologies for not being specific in my query. I'd be in Sharm El Shiekh, Egypt in mid-dec '07. As I'd be following a tour group, I'm not too sure where exactly we'd be staying. However, I'm sure we'd have 1-day free and easy hence the opportunity to take on 1-day dive trip.

So are there any recommended dive operators? Also, any dive sites which we should try given the short time span?

My friend and I are OWD with me clocking only about 10 dives so far (mainly around M'sia, Indonesia and Thailand) whilst my friend had clocked about 50 dives or so.

Is there any reason why Thistlegorm is not to be missed? We're not great fans of ship wrecks, instead we're more interested in colorful corals and fishes. Don't think we can catch any rays or sharks since its 'winter'.

Thanks

The Thistlegorm is closed till mid December for installing mooring buoys and doing some other maintenance. The date was altered thereafter to December 12th but we're still not sure.

If you like colorful corals and fishes, then it's definitely Ras Mohamed. The best sites there, IMHO, are Shark Reef / Yolanda Reef and Ras Zaatar. Other sites are excellent as well.

Back
Top Bottom