Aqualung Legend LX ACD proper setup - up or down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yupito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just recently purchased a new Aqualung Legend LX ACD. The unit came from factory setup with the 2nd stage hose attached to the 1st stage so that the retainer that holds the diaphragm is facing upwards. On setting up the rest of the hoses, the LDS moved the 2nd stage to the other side so now the retainer is facing downwards.

What is the right way? Why would factory set it up one way if it is not the proper way? is it just a question of preference?

I have just recently purchased a new Aqualung Legend LX ACD. The unit came from factory setup with the 2nd stage hose attached to the 1st stage so that the retainer that holds the diaphragm is facing upwards. On setting up the rest of the hoses, the LDS moved the 2nd stage to the other side so now the retainer is facing downwards.

What is the right way? Why would factory set it up one way if it is not the proper way? is it just a question of preference?

Preference. You won't notice the difference. I have mine down facing downward; I use a wing and backplate so my tank sits higher than the typical jacket BC.

There is no "right" way. It works fine either way. I like it down, but it's a personal choice. Decide how you like it and set it up that way.

Down hurts less. :D

I know of one person who has theirs up. They say it's better for their hoses given their height. Everyone else has it down. Mine was up, but after clocking myself in the back of the head once too often, I switched it. It's been much better since.

Of course, the time I was on the boat and the tank-rack bungee gave way, the fact it was pointing down ended up costing me an O-ring. If it had been facing up, it would have likely snapped the yoke (as happened to someone else on another trip when they just plain forgot to bungee their rig).

Mine face sideways, but then again I have two of them on doubles...

:eyebrow:

But seriously, either way is fine. Whatever works best for you. (The gas coming through doesn't know which way the reg is facing.)

I prefer down....less chance of hitting the back of your head!

Up, down, or sideways, the first stage will still work the same. Just a personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom