Morrison Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfdiver1970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, just a note .For those of you who don`t already know Morrison Spring is flooded out at the moment due to rain they had last monday. Right now the spring is a color of a cup of coffee..Just thought i`d post so as to save someone the fuel and drive over..

Does the cavern have low vis too or only the "big bowl" around it? When I was in there the "big bowl" around the spring was clouded up due to a bunch of students (all of whom were wearing yellow hoods and were being marshaled around military style - quite funny) but inside the cavern it was like diving in air.

I'm sorry, for that answer you must consult "Matt's Book of Karst"

ha ha. sorry, hole in the ground near ponce de leon, fl

Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Tallahassee: Choctawhatchee River at Caryville

Bookmark the above page to keep an eye out on river levels near Morrison.

Does the cavern have low vis too or only the "big bowl" around it? When I was in there the "big bowl" around the spring was clouded up due to a bunch of students (all of whom were wearing yellow hoods and were being marshaled around military style - quite funny) but inside the cavern it was like diving in air.

At the water levels they jumped up to this weekend, the cavern will still be clear. Daylight may be completely blotted out though, which would make the cavern a cave dive. In extreme flooding, the cavern will back up as well, and possibly even siphon?

I'm sorry, for that answer you must consult "Matt's Book of Karst"

:rofl3:

Anyone got a temperature for Morrison? I've been waiting for a sub 60F water day at Morrison. I've done it once at 55F and that would be PERFECT. Mat, what are you doing Saturday?

Anyone got a temperature for Morrison? I've been waiting for a sub 60F water day at Morrison. I've done it once at 55F and that would be PERFECT. Mat, what are you doing Saturday?

Somebody from another forum said it was 60.

No plans for Saturday(day), but plans that night, so it'd have to be an earlyish day for me to dive the springs.

As cmu stated, I heard 60 in the tannic water at Morrison last weekend, probably a bit lower this weekend if that statement is true :) Cold nights and all.

Don't tell anybody... but I bought a 5mm... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom