Anybody interested in a Ft Pickens Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking about getting a dive together to go to Ft. Pickens. I was just wanting to put some feelers out to see if anyone was interested or not before I contacted Gary to see if we could put this together. I was thinking about either Jan 12, 13 or 26,27. Gary's calender is open on those weekends. If not we could make it for Febuary as well. anybody interested?????????????

Anyone from the crew that got blown out last weekend interested? Maybe we could even convince bugman to taste some salty water for a change?

This site is pretty reliable as far as not being able to be blown out unless there is a strong north wind to bring waves onto the beach site. Maybe we could even grill out on the beach?

Definately would be interested, I'm not afraid of the great blue salt! :D Pickens trip, if priced right, is easy and quick, and I'd probably be up for it as long as my schedule allows.

So that everyone can look into their calenders I can make either the 12th and 13th. Gary has a rescue class on the 26th and 27th that I looked over before on the previous post (sorry). I was hoping to get six on the boat, not only to make the company better, but to help keep the cost down as well.:D

January 12th works out better for me, so if there isn't any objections by wednesday (Dec 5th) I will call Gary and secure the day.

So that everyone can look into their calenders I can make either the 12th and 13th. Gary has a rescue class on the 26th and 27th that I looked over before on the previous post (sorry). I was hoping to get six on the boat, not only to make the company better, but to help keep the cost down as well.:D

January 12th works out better for me, so if there isn't any objections by wednesday (Dec 5th) I will call Gary and secure the day.

I'm looking at the same weekend for a PM YDT/Rubble dive for shovelnose. Mine would be a PM (deeper 85-100ft) dive. See my post below. You join, mine, I'll join yours.

It sounds like fun...IF...the weather was warm and sunny. It would be nice to dive and have a cookout on the beach. Any idea of water temp?

WHen I went on Dec 2nd the surface temp was 61* and once you made it to 15 fsw there was a thermocline that brought the temps up to 65*. The air temps were forecasted at 80* that day. I'm sure if it got that hot, but it defintely felt nice. I would recommend around a 5-6mm suit for this dive with a hood if you are prom to the cold. I dove with my 6.5 semi-dry with hood and I was nice and cozy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom