Waterproof 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Why aren't all 1st stages designed with a spring and valve so that water will not get into them? It seems like the designers didn't finish the job. Kind of like selling cars in Oregon without hoods. This is assuming that water is bad if it gets inside. Was this just another great American marketing job to increase price?

Water getting into WHERE.
In a piston water should be in the ambient chamber
In a membreme it should stay out
So what do you mean:confused:

I think he means inside the yoke/DIN connector, into the actually inner workings of the reg. Oceanic have their DVT (dry valve technology) for that purpose.

Water getting into WHERE.
In a piston water should be in the ambient chamber
In a membreme it should stay out
So what do you mean:confused:

Like this:

p_regulators_dvt1.jpg

The red plastic piece is pressed against the oriface by a weak spring and seals the regulator.

If you mean for rinsing purposes, I've gotta agree with Scubakevdm.
Any other time downstream pressure does the job.

As a service tech, I am amazed what I find in regs. The corosion and other muck that builds up on the filter hinders airflow much more than the little plastic bullet.

According to research there is considerably less corrosion in regs with Dry Valve Tech. The FDX-10 /Delta 4 combo practically breathes for you.

As a service tech, I am amazed what I find in regs. The corosion and other muck that builds up on the filter hinders airflow much more than the little plastic bullet.

According to research there is considerably less corrosion in regs with Dry Valve Tech. The FDX-10 /Delta 4 combo practically breathes for you.

The other thing, the thing that I really really don't like about the plastic bullets is that they completely obstruct your view of the filter, making it impossible to inspect it prior to use.

Uncle Joe,

You wouldn't happen to sell Oceanic products; would you?

Like this:

p_regulators_dvt1.jpg

The red plastic piece is pressed against the oriface by a weak spring and seals the regulator.

Ok now I get it,should have known that as a Ocenanic dealer/tech.
Stupid me :D
Wife dives the FDX10/D4 and loves it.
As a tech.I love to service them :D

As for why not all...patended :confused:

Back
Top Bottom