Ft. Pickens Dive Scheduled for 1-12-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have contacted Gary from Gary's Gulf Divers and scheduled the Ft. Pickens trip for Jan 12, 2008. The plan is to meet at the shop at 08:00, sign waivers, pick-up any needed gear or rentals and head to the boat. The cost was quoted by Gary as $65.00 per person. Sounds like it will be a good time. This site is pretty dependable against being blown-out unless we get a strong north wind and if that happens Gary has stated that he would be a little flexable about going to an alternative site within reason such as the Mass, catherine, or 3 mile barge. I have already been confirmed on the list so there are 5 spots availible. If you are interested contact Gary at GGD at 251-968-4279 and/or check out the website at Gary's Gulf Divers, Full Service Dive Shops, Orange Beach, Alabama . Here is a map of the site which is still pretty acurate after the huricanes:

FtPickensMap.jpg

Here is the sign up list so far, so what do you say guys/gals let get this trip going!!!!!!:D
1) wjefferis
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

OK the other thread is closed down and this will be the new thread for the dive. So who is interested?

Just wanted to post something to put this thread above the old thread so that people will stop posting on the old one.

I'll call Gary today...

Here is the sign up list so far, so what do you say guys/gals let get this trip going!!!!!!
1) wjefferis
2) paulwall
3)
4)
5)
6)

I won't be able to commit until after Christmas in order to see how my financial situation will be. Much more appealing if I get to dive the Mass afterwards :)

Yes...the Mass is an awesome dive...(hint, hint)....might even make it worth freezing your butt off....

Didn't he say the Mass was an alternative to not in addition to Pickens?

MmmmmmmHmmmmmm.....doesn't hurt to ask though does it..:D

Didn't he say the Mass was an alternative to not in addition to Pickens?

Yes, I knew I should not have posted that info. The trip is for two tanks on Pickens. Gary and I discussed if the weather did not allow us to dive Pickens due to North winds that we might be able to go to one of those locations as an alternative location if weather allowed.

:focus: I'm sorry Walter. I didn't mean to start a hijack. That is my New Year's Resolution and since this trip is in January:

Denise = :ignore:........Better Gary? :D

Back
Top Bottom