Saturday with American Dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Saturday morning we did the Hog Heaven wreck & the Caves. I was shooting my 105mm, so there are no shots of the wreck. Conditions were good, but the viz could have been better.

Here are a couple of shots from the dives.

The first two are from Hog Heaven.

1197254394_trumpet-face.jpg

1197254415_lantern-bass.jpg

The rest of these were from the Caves.

1197254232_jawfish.jpg

I couldn't get any shots from the front cause he kept dirt diving on me.

1197254367_juvenile-queen.jpg

This one was taken with the Woody's diopter.

1197254259_Sailfin-Blenny6.jpg

Fish the last one is awesome. I don't have my book handy - what kind is he?

Actually, tha† first shot is quite nice. Would be good in black and white.

I've been thinking, shush peanuts, I'd like to take some of my shots and make a B&W collage for my son's apartment. you know he is at that age where everything is black and white.

Fish the last one is awesome. I don't have my book handy - what kind is he?

It's a male Sailfin Blenny.

Here's how I like to shjoot them, but the one on Saturday was not cooperating.

1179107939_Sailfin-Blenny5-male-copy.jpg

Dang it is (i was thinking it might be)! I have never had the opportunity to shoot one of those. That is one that is at the top of my list.

Dang it is (i was thinking it might be)! I have never had the opportunity to shoot one of those. That is one that is at the top of my list.

Come on over and dive with us. When I do the shallow reef off of Ft. Lauderdale I see them all the time. I saw at least 6 on Saturday.

Come on over and dive with us. When I do the shallow reef off of Ft. Lauderdale I see them all the time. I saw at least 6 on Saturday.

Stick one in a cup and send it here, please :blinking: Seriously, I am pretty good at finding the little stuff but that guy alludes me for some reason.

fishey!!! awesome !

the last one looked like an alien...you know..the ones portrayed in the movies. :D

Stick one in a cup and send it here, please :blinking: Seriously, I am pretty good at finding the little stuff but that guy alludes me for some reason.

So many responses to that, so little time... :rofl3:

Nice fishy pics Fishie.

I used to think they were rare until I discovered the secret. Over here, on the shallow reefs, I stay off of the main part of the reef. Stick to the scattered rocks and debris just off of the reef. They are small. The ones I see are about an inch long, and about as thick as a pipe cleaner.

What I look for is the movement. The males will pop out of their hole for a second and display their sail fin to attract a female. Then they quickly drop back into the hole.

Once I spot them I stake out a spot and sit and wait. As soon as they start to pop up out of their hole I shoot away. Since I have a DSLR there is no problem with shutter lag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom